Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Which sewing machine? Laura Ashley or Horizon? >
  • Which sewing machine? Laura Ashley or Horizon?

• Which sewing machine? Laura Ashley or Horizon?

Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    I was looking at machines the other day and the dealer told me that the Brother QC1000 is the same machine as the Laura Ashley Innov-is NX2000.... it just doesn't have Laura Ashley's name on it. They are both made by Brother.

I still haven't decide which machine to get between the Janome Horizon 7700 and the Brother QC1000 or none at all. The first one is twice as much $$$ as the second. It's not like I don't have three other machines already. But that Horizon is so pretty!
    Charmpack- The Brother machine I have is the Innovis NX 2000. I love that machine. It does so much and stitches beautifully. The needle threader is the easiest I have ever used. The needle up/down programming is wonderful. The thread cut option is also one of my favorite features. Best of all, it is so easy to learn this machine. Oh, and the large table. Love it and am so happy I splurged to this machine. I did get the free serger but haven't used it yet. I've sewing too much on my 2000! I do have a Brother embroidery machine as well- PR 620. It was also so easy to learn. I have a Bernina 380 that I love as well. I don't use it as much since I got my NX 2000 but I still enjoy sewing on it.

How many machines is too many anyway? Happy Thanksgiving and Happy stitching y'all.