Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sewing machine mystery. >
  • Sewing machine mystery.

• Sewing machine mystery.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:56 AM
    Power Poster

Default Sewing machine mystery.

I have a Juki straight stitch machine. A few months ago it was giving me fits, skipping stitches, bad tension, just being contrary. I cleaned it, change the needle, change thread still the same problems. I left it as is and used another machine on another table. Yesterday I decided to try it again and figure out the problems. It sewed perfectly. Nothing was changed on it never even unplugged it. So frustrating. How do I fix something that decides on it's own when to be fixed. LOL
    Old 05-31-2022, 09:50 AM

Sounds like your Juki is a bit tempermental - I have one of their straight stitch machines which usually runs like a champ. Once in awhile it's a bit picky but usually it's one of the few things you mentioned. I wonder if what you were sewing at the time might not have worked well with your set-up? Or, it was just the Juki Gremlins at work! Glad you're back to smooth sailing!
    Old 05-31-2022, 11:35 AM
    Power Poster

It's clear to me that the Juki saw you using another machine, got jealous, and decided to be good. (At least for a while. No one can be good forever.)
    Old 05-31-2022, 01:14 PM

I have a friend who lives in a fairly rural area, her house is the last on a dead-end road. She has a longarm that gave her tension fits for years. She had an electrician come out for an unrelated project and he discovered that the electricity to her house was somehow inconsistent, something to do with being the last house on the line. Once they got that fixed, her tension issues disappeared.
    Old 05-31-2022, 02:49 PM
    Power Poster

My straight stitch Juki is wonderful. I have had a few tension woes but always able to fix it. it is 24 years old.
    Old 05-31-2022, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
    It's clear to me that the Juki saw you using another machine, got jealous, and decided to be good. (At least for a while. No one can be good forever.)
    That is so funny! That must be it!