Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sewing Weekend planned! >
  • Sewing Weekend planned!

• Sewing Weekend planned!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM

Default Sewing Weekend planned!

DD is at her grandparents as of last night so I went to JoAnn's today to see if their flannel was still on sale for $2.99/yd; it was! So I got enough for 3 receiving blankets along with a yardage for DD's skirt I want to make. I also picked up June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler for $15 since I had a 50% coupon!

I also got 4 bird houses that I plan to Mod Podge with scrap fabric for Mother's Day gifts; craft project with DD. I saw the idea here.
    Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Sounds like a great weekend. I finished my mother-in-law's Mothers Day gift yesterday (a mini bow tuck). Now I need to make my mom's stuff. She's getting a fanny pack and a sewing machine caddy. Hopefully I can figure out the fanny pack directions without too much trouble (it's from Lazy Girls). I need to go to Joanns' to get fabric for the caddy though; Hobby Lobby didn't have any prequilted fabric.
    Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM

Love the birdhouses!!! DH builds birdhouses. I need to ask for a couple to "play" around with! Thanks for the link, and good luck with yours. Please post a photo when you have them completed.
    Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Isn't it cute! I figured Little Bit would have fun with it. Plus I have a ton of scraps she plays with. Mine won't match in colors as much as hers but it will still be fun.

I think I might also attempt a Mug Rug this weekend too. I think they are just too cute and I found a cute fat quarter bundle at Wal-Mart today.

Oh and I made my Mom a quilt a couple of months ago. So she don't need another one plus this would be fun.
    Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Sounds like a great time! I'm going to be sewing too, my daughter-in-law and the two grandkids need poodle skirts for a 50's party next weekend.

The girls love painting the dollar bird houses from Joanne's. I have several of them hanging in my trees.

Last edited by Grama Lehr; 05-04-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
    Power Poster

Sound like so much fun!!!!!
    Old 05-04-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    Sounds like a great time! I'm going to be sewing too, my daughter-in-law and the two grandkids need poodle skirts for a 50's party next weekend.

The girls love painting the dollar bird houses from Joanne's. I have several of them hanging in my trees.
    I, too, plan to sew this weekend. I have jelly rolls & hope to whip out a couple of Jelly Roll Race quilts so I can figure out what to do re borders on them. Plus... I have to work on cleaning my sewing room. Ick! But it needs to get done.
    Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 PM

Everyone seems to have lots planned for the weekend. I got one self binding receiving blanket done. Now to decide what to do next, another blanket or try the mug rug. Hmmmm....
    Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 PM

want to finish a twin quilt.,,hand quilting it right now...then want to make a bow/tuck for a gift..Just got the pattern this week...Of course a coupon trip to Joannes is in order!! New flyer!!! Have 9 more grandbabies to make quilts for so I try to keep going..Have a great weekend everyone!!
    Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM

I plan on quilting most of the weekend. I have this gift to finish for the Thurs before Memorial Day. I think I'm on schedule - as long as life doesn't fall apart!! Absolutely zero time for life to fall apart!!