Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • shape cut >
  • shape cut

• shape cut

Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 PM

I asked this question on another thread, but the answer wasn't clear. I have a 10"x8" June Talor ruler with a date on it of 2006. It feels very flimsy and I evne feel like the rotary cutter will slice it. Also, since it's so flimsy feeling, I wonder if it is really cutting straight or bending some. Are the larger ones also very thin and flimsy feeling?
    Old 05-27-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by carol45
    I asked this question on another thread, but the answer wasn't clear. I have a 10"x8" June Talor ruler with a date on it of 2006. It feels very flimsy and I evne feel like the rotary cutter will slice it. Also, since it's so flimsy feeling, I wonder if it is really cutting straight or bending some. Are the larger ones also very thin and flimsy feeling?

I have a 12" x 12" shape cut and it is flimsy because it has grooves cut every 1/2", but once you place it on your fabric it works great. Not sure if the date makes a difference - I bought mine a few years back.
    Old 05-27-2010, 06:17 PM

my joanns still have them in the quilting area i live in brandon fl
    Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 PM

ddar627742,
    I too have fibro, and have recently found a product that is amazing. It is called COBROXIN. You can find it at Cobroxin.com. It is made from Cobra venom, which is a nerve blocker. You have to take it for about a week for it to work really well, but in less time than that I am completely pain free. First time in over 4 years.. YAY, its all natural and no side effects.
    Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 AM

My husband makes my sandpaper dots. He puts carpet tape, it's sticky on both sides, on a sheet of fine sandpaper. Then he uses a punch to cut the dots. When I want to use one I just peel off the paper backing. At the price this costs I can use all I want.
    Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by dar627742
    went to joanns yesterday & bought a j.t shaoe cutter w/ my 40% off .has anyone used one & if so do you like it?[late to ask now i guess !!!]i have fybro & arthrits in my hands &need all the help i can get ! also found a hi=intensity lamp onclearance from $69.99 down to $19.99 !!!!! LOVE it !
    after I asked the poeple at the board, I bought the shape cutter yesterday also with a 40% coupon...but didn't have the time to try it...but the video I saw about the ruler convinced me
    Old 05-28-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by amma
    What a great day for you :D:D:D
    How does this cutters dies compare in price to some of the others?
    one with slots 1/2 inch apart is 20.99 and the one with slots 1/4 inch apart is 26.99 at joann's
    Old 05-28-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
    Originally Posted by dar627742
    went to joanns yesterday & bought a j.t shaoe cutter w/ my 40% off .has anyone used one & if so do you like it?[late to ask now i guess !!!]i have fybro & arthrits in my hands &need all the help i can get ! also found a hi=intensity lamp onclearance from $69.99 down to $19.99 !!!!! LOVE it !
    I would love to see this product, I did a search on joanns but it told me it couldn't find that product...curious mind really needs to see this...I just might need it..lol...although my wallet says I spent enough on line yesterday.
    the name of the lamp is clear cool...wing shade crane lamp. hope you can find one ,they're GREAT . maybe your local store would call around to see if another store has one.i found it by chance checking out Ott lamps[WAY too exp.]there wasn't even a "clearance"sign,just a red ticket saying clearance price !
    Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    ddar627742,
    I too have fibro, and have recently found a product that is amazing. It is called COBROXIN. You can find it at Cobroxin.com. It is made from Cobra venom, which is a nerve blocker. You have to take it for about a week for it to work really well, but in less time than that I am completely pain free. First time in over 4 years.. YAY, its all natural and no side effects.
    thank you SO much for the info..god knows i'll try anything !it's great comng from someone who KNOWS,not just an ad ....they all promise miracles & do nothing.[at leastthe ones i've tried]even the new pres.VERY EXP&of course my ins doesn't cover or covers so little i still can't afford them.wouldn't be so bad if they worked !! sorry,enough b..........thanx again for caring
    Old 05-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    ddar627742,
    thank you SO much for the info..god knows i'll try anything !it's great comng from someone who KNOWS,not just an ad ....they all promise miracles & do nothing.[at leastthe ones i've tried]even the new pres.VERY EXP&of course my ins doesn't cover or covers so little i still can't afford them.wouldn't be so bad if they worked !! sorry,enough b..........thanx again for caring & i'm so glad they helped you