Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Shipping your quilt >
  • Shipping your quilt

• Shipping your quilt

Old 06-28-2024, 04:40 AM

I did not think of a plastic bag to protect from moisture, but next time I will. Thanks. I shipped a quilt using UPS with no problems. I was nervous, though.
    Old 06-28-2024, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by toverly
    Describe it as a blanket, not a quilt at the carrier office. Get the insurance and tracking whether you use USPS or UPS.
    I have never shipped a quilt but as I was reading this topic I came across this comment. I am curious to why you would describe it as a blanket instead….
    Old 06-28-2024, 09:17 AM

Pirate Shipping finds the best price between UPS and USPS Has insurance and have had great service from this company.
    Savings.
    Old Yesterday, 04:30 AM

toogie....I've been told this before about claiming it as an ordinary blanket and not a quilt. The majority of people realize how expensive a handmade quilt is and might be tempted to snatch it...blankets are relatively cheap and may not be worth the trouble. It does make me wonder, that should it get stolen/lost what will be reimbursed for, an ordinary blanket or a handmade quilt?
    Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM

I second Pirate Ship. They are a broker for the big shippers and give great deals.

Watson
    Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM
    mkc

Originally Posted by lindaschipper
    toogie....I've been told this before about claiming it as an ordinary blanket and not a quilt. The majority of people realize how expensive a handmade quilt is and might be tempted to snatch it...blankets are relatively cheap and may not be worth the trouble. It does make me wonder, that should it get stolen/lost what will be reimbursed for, an ordinary blanket or a handmade quilt?
    You'd be reimbursed for what you can provide the receipts for. Just because you insure something for a dollar amount, it doesn't mean you'll get reimbursed that amount. You have to prove the value of the item lost or stolen. Receipts or certified appraisal documentation.