Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Shopping with DH  for fabric.  Do you take him along?  Why  or why not? >
  • Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

• Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Wow!! How do you work in there??
    Old 08-05-2011, 10:05 AM

My DH and I never shop for anything together including vehicles. I can't imagine him in a fabric store and I've only seen him in a grocery store a couple of times and we were picking up groceries for his mom. My guy just doesn't shop unless forced or I just can't pick it out such as a suit for his sister's wedding.
    Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM

My husband usually goes with me.
    Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Suzi
    When you need help organizing this room - call me. I can help you whittle down the amount you have and you'll never miss what I remove .......... ;o)
    Me too!! ;)
    Old 08-05-2011, 10:53 AM

My DH is great about going into LQS. When we go up to Illinois we drive right by Hancocks of Padicah. He always wants to stop in to look around. I asked him why once and he said because he knows it makes me happy. He doesn't care how much I spend. But I try to keep it very reasonable. He said he knows I will make something pretty for someone. I love that guy.
    Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM

My husband will certainly stop if we are out of town and see a quilt shop. I try to be quick so he doesn't get tired of it. He waits in the car or walks off to find something interesting. I think most of the husbands are not intolerant but we all have busy schedules and we all get bored in a store that we are not interestd in. Most spouses will be patient if the other spouse doesn't abuse the situation.
    Old 08-05-2011, 02:47 PM

No, he only goes with me if I have to just pick up something quick and we're out for another reason, or we're picking out fabric for something in the house. He would be bored and I'd rather spend our time together doing something we both enjoy. Likewise he doesn't take me with him tool or carpenter supplies shopping. I'm fortunate to be married to a supreme carpenter who can build a house from drawing the plans to pouring the driveway. He was a building trades teacher before he became an administrator. He is the best of husbands for many, many reasons. I am very blessed!
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:52 AM

Oh my - how do you get anything done in that room?
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by skothing
    I asked my husband to stay in the car while I went into the LQS. He asked why was I going to long, no I just want to pick up my BOM and leave. I have too much now in fabric. If he comes with me, I buy way to much. Honey, do you like this?

I need time to think how and which person I would use it for .

So for my pocketbook sakes I try not to take him.
    Thanks for posting everytime my sweetie says anything about my obsession I am going to show him your pic if you don't mind! LOL Mine is all in bins and theres even a few laundry baskets and OK a few boxes, it is starting to take over the spare bedroom & yes part of the basement, andddddddddd what ever you do don't look under my beds! They are all in plastic Zip bags & organized! LOL And believe it or not I do know whats there & where! Thats the anal part of me! LOL

Question have you every bought the same fabric twice? LOL I did that with a pair of shoes! LOL
    Old 08-06-2011, 03:06 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh about my sweetie shopping with me.........well he takes me, waits in the car and people watches while I am in the store. When I come out he will say did you manage to buy them out yet? LOL Or when we go somewhere he will say "Is there somewhere else you want to go to" .......knowing full well its a fabric store or quilt shop! LOL When I say where he replies "Oh didn't you hear they closed"! LOL Sometimes he says ................"They are hiring!" What a corker but I WUV him! I don't tell him my next project idea anymore because he is a stickler for getting me to get something done he doesn't realize I'm a multi tasker and there is a method to my madness! LOL I always have 3-5 projects at once going! LOL