Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • shopping spree >
  • shopping spree

• shopping spree

Old 12-09-2010, 07:33 AM

Hi I am so glad that you got to go on a shopping spree, sounds like you got a lot of good things. Now enjoy sewing with them. If you need someone to talk to you pm me anytime will be glad to listen, I am like you I don't have anyone to talk to here either, my hubby isn't in the best of health so I stay in most of the time, I do have a close friend that comes over sometimes she is on this board, Debbie Umpress, but she stays really busy, so I know how you feel with out having someone to talk to, so you pm me anytime ok. Hope you will have a great day sewing. Sending HUGS
    Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 AM

Maybe that is what I need, I am recently retired and the walls are closing in on me. Not used to being home and can't seem to get used to it. I want to start projects but just don't have the get up and go. Or some one has to kick me in the butt to get me moving. I have some great ideas floating in my head but now to go to the sewing room and do it and go the to store and pick up the rest of the material to go along with it. Some one tell me to do it. So far retirement stinks. Only 59 years old and not used to being home. Was not a stay at home mom when the kids grew up and not used to this always worked 2 jobs and this is a little frustrating. Used to the hussle and bussle of working and now a studden stop. Some one give me that push.
    Old 12-09-2010, 08:23 AM

So glad to hear you are back on your meds. That will help you feel better even without the shopping spree. Next time you are feeling blue, come over here and shop in my stash! Oh no, I shouldn't have said that! Now the whole board will be coming to east TN! I think my stash will be enough. I will be 150 befoe I use all this up!
    Old 12-09-2010, 08:36 AM

shopping sprees are fun, just what the doctor ordered. Wish I could go on one sometime, but, I live in a small town and the closet shopping is about 3 hr drive
    Old 12-09-2010, 08:51 AM

Donna I live fairly close. PM me to talk. PS, I quilt.
    Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 1Blondie
    Maybe that is what I need, I am recently retired and the walls are closing in on me. Not used to being home and can't seem to get used to it. I want to start projects but just don't have the get up and go. Or some one has to kick me in the butt to get me moving. I have some great ideas floating in my head but now to go to the sewing room and do it and go the to store and pick up the rest of the material to go along with it. Some one tell me to do it. So far retirement stinks. Only 59 years old and not used to being home. Was not a stay at home mom when the kids grew up and not used to this always worked 2 jobs and this is a little frustrating. Used to the hussle and bussle of working and now a studden stop. Some one give me that push.
    Retired a year now and honestly do not understand why you do not love it. I stay so busy but get to do the things I did not have time for before....reading, quilting and reading this forum that I so love since I do not have a bunch of gal friends to visit with in person. Seems like hubby and I never have enough time
    to do everything we love. He gardens a lot and I help and we put up the food for later on. We love to cook and eat and walk everyday to prevent all the great food from adding on lbs. We are in the car a lot visiting our children and grandchilren that do not live nearby and the one that does. Sit down and write a list of the things you used to want to do that you had no time for and then get started loving retirement. I sure do love not hearing the alarm clock and for once in my life actually watch TV.....with my hand piecing at my side.
    Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by 1Blondie

Enjoy it. I too have been forced into retirement this year, two years before I was expecting it. Six months on I am enjoying all the time I have to do the things that I never found time for. I still keep my old routine - up at the same time each day and clean the house before I start doing things. Then I can see friends, go out for coffee, walk the dog, sew, play with the parrot - it is endless. In fact the days whizz by and I cannot believe we are 2 weeks from Christmas.

It sounds if you are a wee bit depressed. The change from work to leisure can do that - were you prepared for it to happen? It was going to happen someday. What where your plans for then? Perhaps you should look at implementing them.

Loneliness is also a problem. Being on your own instead of working with colleagues. Have you got good friends nearby with whom you can spend some specified time with. Even if it just one afternoon a week, it is something to look forward too.

The chat board on here is fun and anyone can join in. You can spend hours on there too.

Just a few ideas.
    Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by dewie45
    Originally Posted by quilting cat
    And celebrate the treasure you have in your husband! Aren't we lucky when we are blessed with one who takes such good care of us, makes sure we get our medications, and doesn't complain when there are threads everywhere?
    Luv'ya!
    Amen!
    God bless you both Donna.....sounds as if your "guardian angel" is right there with you.
    Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 AM

I can really relate to your situation. Please don't ever stop taking your meds even if you are feeling wonderful and think you don't need them. My husband, bless him, understands somewhat and has always supported me. He doesn't understand why I need fabric when I have some, but he knows how happy it makes me and that is good enough for him. I don't understand how he can play golf when it is 38 degrees, but if the sun is out - off he goes and I'll back him 100 per cent. Fabric can make a cloudy day so much brighter, can't it?
    Old 12-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Sewing and shopping therapy, all in one, plus your meds. How great is that? We all need to vent sometimes, and I, for one, am glad this board is here....for the venting, as well as all the other support. Blessings.