Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Should i be flattered? >
  • Should i be flattered?

• Should i be flattered?

Old 11-10-2017, 02:15 AM

If it were my quilt and my picture, I promise you, they would take it down quickly, and voluntarily, or be ordered to take it down by a court. They're using Marion's quilt to advertise products, and the tool they're advertising as being used on that quilt was Not in fact used. It's total misrepresentation from the very beginning. First, the quilt is Not their photograph, they didn't make the quilt, second, the quilt was not made by using the tool they're trying to sell, and Marion made the quilt, not this other person. It's just wrong to use someone else's quilt, and picture, and representing to the public that they made the quilt using the tool. they're trying to sell. The whole thing is based on dishonesty, in an effort to sell this tool If it were my quilt and my picture, I would demand that it be taken down immediately.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-10-2017 at 04:08 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
    Old 11-10-2017, 04:06 AM

Our quilt club used my picture of my "Blue Ribbon Quilt" (a Hollow Cube quilt) as the Letter Head for our newsletter. I felt the same way as you do. Flattered but upset that I wasn't asked nor was I even told that they were going to do that. I still haven't said anything about it at meeting, but I still feel bad about.
    Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 AM

If an account at Pinterest is open to public viewing, then any photo shown is open to repinning. Right click and save used to be the way we built up a photo library on our computer. Great for developing personal ideas.

With Pinterest there is no need to comb the web for ideas, someone has already been there done that. And very few photos now link back to the maker.

I think this kind of mentality has been bred into us now. See it want it take it. It also makes for living in a glass house, and throwing rocks She was Way out of line for giving the impression she created the quilt though.
    Old 11-10-2017, 07:28 AM

I sent them another email with the other link. Thank you for finding that. I am sure it will get taken down, as they took down the other one.
    Old 11-10-2017, 08:43 AM

yes I would be flattered
    Old 11-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Could be they got the pic off of Pinterest. I have seen a number of quilts on P. that I have seen other places before seeing them on P. I am not sure what P. is really ethical and legal either.
    Old 11-10-2017, 02:43 PM

Do you have a photo of the quilt in an album here on the board?
    Old 11-10-2017, 02:43 PM

The picture is still available by click on the Face Book button; it can then be shared to your
    Face Book page.

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts
    I was searching the net for 60 degree diamond quilts and came upon this website: www.quiltersreview.com/ez-quilting-easy-six/

Well, lo and behold ... that is My quilt!!!!
    Old 11-10-2017, 03:11 PM

They took it from my FB page ... I didn't post it here, I made it a long time ago LOL

It is all gone tho!
    Old 11-10-2017, 10:37 PM

Glad they took down the second picture, too. Now maybe she'll get busy and make a quilt of her own (with that ruler!) to advertise with. Or maybe she'll just scout around for another picture to pirate and someone else will be complaining.....Let's hope she learned something here and doesn't do that.