Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • A side note to Bonnie Hunter regarding crumb quilting. >
  • A side note to Bonnie Hunter regarding crumb quilting.

• A side note to Bonnie Hunter regarding crumb quilting.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:56 AM

(*) I see I left my footnote off.

"real" quilts I am working on:

1. The rust quilt, described previously. It's back is pieced (very pieced-LOL). Used up a BUNCH of scraps on the back.

2. My DD is marrying a man with a child. So, I'm getting a ready made DGD. She's 6. I previously made my first DGD a doll quilt. I also gave them the carpenter's square 36" square quilt I made just to practice my first FMQ. It's cute for a doll tea-party/picnic quilt. big enough to sit on, and have the dishes all spread between them.

3. Asked new DGD what colors she wanted for a doll quilt (to be HERS, not shared like the rust one). She said, blue, green, pink, purple, and black. I racked my head over that one, finally came up with an amish pinwheel/checkerboard. Finished that this weekend. Solid black, with batiks in her chosen colors.

4. In the spirit of the UFO thread, ran across a bin of Moms (lost her 1991), a started rail fence quilt. I had to seperate the blocks from each other (problems described in UFO sister thread), and have made it into a flimsy 69 x 80-1/2. I have border planned, and back purchased.

5. A blue strip tube pieced baby quilt, it's a flimsy, need to finish it.

6. A yellow/orange/brown/weird blue Baby quilt made of Moda charm Max & Whisker (animal prints)

7. A baby quilt carpenter's square, black-written on chalkboard with red offset, and the light background is child-like crayon colorings of animals. I fussy cut those. whew. A job. Then, had to use incomplete seams to get the thing together. Since I had made the windows & the templates to fussy cut, I cut out another set of animals while I was at it, so there will be another one of these to make sometime.

Next up, for my DD April wedding, a black/white/red/grey of two Judy Martin blocks. The black & greys are laundered. Still need to launder the red and the white. Oh, and order the back.

Last edited by quiltmouse; 09-30-2014 at 10:01 AM.