Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Since I've Become A Quilter... >
  • Since I've Become A Quilter...

• Since I've Become A Quilter...

Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by alica1367
    Originally Posted by BMP
    Since I have become a quilter I no longer have the perfectly cleaned and organized house !!
    That's my thoughts also. My house used to be fairly clean and neat anytime, now, I could stuff a pillow with all the dust laying around. LOL
    Hahaha. :D Thats my house now too. And if people around here diddn't want to go hungry they had to learn to cook for themselves. :mrgreen:
    Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Since I became a quilter, I am more appreciative of the nature around me, Colours, hues, shades I can kneel to study a flower, watch the sky or the river at different times of the day. ( No, I'm not a painter or a poet, I'm only more sensitive.)
    Due to an illness and age my hands are shaking, I've not been quilting for a few months, (sitting at the machine or handquilting). But I'm still very much at it, reading, researching (thank you Nebraska University)
    Quilting is my bubble, only a few persons are admitted in it (of course you are, don't we share something precious).
    An added bonus, this is the first time I dare to write in English, before I could read and understand but I guess I was too proud even to speak. (O.K, sometimes my text must sound translated to you, at least you don't have to hear my heavy French accent!)
    Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
    Since I've become a quilter...I will pay more for a yard of fabric than I would a nice top or piece of clothing! I will go 25 miles out of my way to go to a quilt shop... I will work in my sewing room from 8-2 then hurry & make the bed & throw something on the stove & do dishes to make it look like I've done something for the day! I will also solve some of my 'quilting problems' at 2 a.m. when all is quiet & I can think uninterrupted! And since I've become a quilter I have met some of the greatest people I could have ever dreamed of meeting! Quilters are the bestest!
    OH MY GOD! I think we were related in another life..you sound exactly just like me!
    Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 AM

Since I've become a quilter, again, I have met some wonderful, caring, loving women. We meet every week and are truly concerned with each others wellfare. I am much happier with my home, my husband and my grown children. I'm also going to celebrate my 70th birthday next week and it is time to get that quilting bug out of my system and onto the bed. Love you all,
    Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
    Originally Posted by alica1367
    Originally Posted by BMP
    Since I have become a quilter I no longer have the perfectly cleaned and organized house !!
    That's my thoughts also. My house used to be fairly clean and neat anytime, now, I could stuff a pillow with all the dust laying around. LOL
    Hahaha. :D Thats my house now too. And if people around here diddn't want to go hungry they had to learn to cook for themselves. :mrgreen:
    i can relate to that you don't want to walk bare foot in my living room dog uses it to eat her cookies (haven't vacumed in a few wks
    Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Since I've become a quilter......

We never leave the house unless either DH or I have threads hanging off 1 or more parts of our bodies. :
    Ha! Since I've become a quilter, I have to pick thread snippets off my pets' fuzzy lips!! They must sniff around my work area a lot! I should probably check myself more closely before leaving the house!

Since I've become a quilter my spending priorities have really changed! I'm resentful that my work dress code has changed and I have to purchase new clothes. Those dollars were for quilting!
    Old 11-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Since I've become a quilter---
    - I have had to break my 40 year habit of always backstitching at the beginning and the end of seams.
    -I have favorite colors of the week
    -I look forward to the house being empty soIdon't have to answer everyone's questions
    -I NEVER buy one fabric at a time. I tend to try to combine far too many fabrics
    -I know which Walmart stores cary fabric and which ones do not
    Old 11-17-2010, 12:38 PM

Since I became a quilter my mind never stops creating.

Since I became a quilter, I never say "I have nothing to do."

Since I became a quilter, the cleanest room in the house is my sewing room.
    Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one scrambling at the last minute to make the beds and fake like I did some house stuff every day!
    Set the vacuum out on the living room floor so anyone who drops in thinks they're interrupting your cleaning.

I'm staying awake at night planning another quilt to make. What a wonderful insomnia!
    Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM

Since my girls are all grown up I did not have an outlet for my sewing so I became a quilter.

Since I've become a quilter I have worn out one sewing machine and I am working on wearing out the second from overuse.

Since I've become a quilter I have found a great deal of joy in the creative process and giving my creations away. I have yet to make a quilt for myself.

Since I've become a quilter, my husband no longer feels quilty at stopping at every steam locomotive during a trip, that is because I stop at every quilt shop. He goes out of his way to find them for me.

Since I've become a quilter I have found the joy of quilt retreats. Twice a year I get away to quilt for 3 days with the most wonderful women and have someone else do the cooking.

Quilting has brought me such joy and peace. It gave me sanity after my daughter passed away 4 years ago. Without that creative outlet I think I might have gone insane.