Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • slump >
  • slump

• slump

Old 04-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
    i'm in the same place David, altho, i know the reason begind mine. ( recent death of father, a cyst removed from right hand, and a broken left arm )*insert pitiful whine here* not to mention a terrible shortage of fabric/supplies.

I think it would cheer me up and get me kick started, if i just came and gathered up ur stamps/ squishies, fabric, macines and just cleaned up all that for u.....yep that would cheer me up!!!!

*hmmm need to think on this plan ome more..... cleaning my sewing room is how i broke my left arm ( sewing arm)* .......thinking....... thinking.......yea, getting all that cool new stuff and fabric to my hearts content would be worth a body cast!!!!!
    You broke your arm cleaning your sewing room??!! Darn, girl! Hope you feel better soon. Don't do any more cleaning!!
    Old 04-06-2011, 05:57 PM

Go to a bookstore and pull up a chair to the quilt book section.
    Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 PM
    Power Poster

When this happens I just pick up a good book or spend the time on something else. Inspiration will come back and you will be quilting again. Enjoy the respite.
    Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
    i'm in the same place David, altho, i know the reason begind mine. ( recent death of father, a cyst removed from right hand, and a broken left arm )*insert pitiful whine here* not to mention a terrible shortage of fabric/supplies.

I think it would cheer me up and get me kick started, if i just came and gathered up ur stamps/ squishies, fabric, macines and just cleaned up all that for u.....yep that would cheer me up!!!!

*hmmm need to think on this plan ome more..... cleaning my sewing room is how i broke my left arm ( sewing arm)* .......thinking....... thinking.......yea, getting all that cool new stuff and fabric to my hearts content would be worth a body cast!!!!!
    My heart goes out to you and I would like to send you some fabric. Please PM me and we can arrange it.
    Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 PM

When this happens to me........I go do something nice for someone else. Usually puts me back where I need to be :-D
    Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Since your having a party. (@&& kicking ) Sit down with the popcorn and watch a good movie. Read a good book.
    Have a good day doing something fun!!!
    It will still be there when you are ready.
    Hugs. Don't be hard on your self.
    Old 04-06-2011, 08:52 PM

I also think a little bit of sunshine might help and maybe a break. It will come back to you before you know it. :)
    Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM

When I get in a slump - I make soup. That gets my creative juices going again. I just throw everything and anything in the pot and wait to see how delightful it turns out. Same as quilting. Call it Scrappy Quilt Soup!
    Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent
    I haven't sewn in 3 weeks! I have 3 projects and 2 swaps I need to take care of. I look at my machine and sewing table and have no interest in doing anything.
    I thought getting my FQ and stamp squishy would fire me up, but it did for just a short time. I don't know what is wrong with me :(
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Do you know somebody or more than one somebody who can come and work on one of your projects with you? even for only a short time? It is likely to change your perspective, and hopefully give you enough of a new viwpoint to renew your interest.
    Old 04-07-2011, 04:48 AM

I am in a slump now caused by a baby quilt for my unborn grand daughter. I did a lot of machine embroidery on it and used a quilt as you go method so it is stiff and heavy. I put many many hours on it and I feel like I can't send it as it is so bad. Maybe I will just go buy one!!!