Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • slump >
  • slump

• slump

Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 AM

I'm going to be no help at all, when in a slump I make a purse. I guess it might work for you but somehow I don't think it will. Maybe a table topper, something small that you can finish in a short amount of time! But you'll get there, sometimes baking works except then I want to eat and not sew! Sorry, like I said no help at all!
    Old 04-06-2011, 04:45 AM

sounds like you need to get some inspiration to fire you up again, maybe going for a walk in the great outdoors, or hitting a new quilt shop will get you going.

don't worry about it, you will get inspired again soon. we all need to take a break sometimes.
    Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 AM

Vitamins and a little sunshine.
    Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 AM

I spend a couple or three hours going through all my quilt magagzines to refresh me and get me motivated.
    Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 AM

I was in a really bad slump..depressed, worried etc. My son got married in May to a wonderful woman and they have 3 6 year old kids in the house now...She got accepted to RN school and started in March and then BAM...he got laid off his job and can't find another one. Shes thinking she might have to quit school, hes depressed because he cant find work so of course it affected my mood too...BUT I picked up one of the quilts I was making to move it and decided to snap out of it and get back to work and it helped the stress! I would like to ask all the wonderful people on here to say a prayer or two that my son gets called back to Catapillar or finds another job so Ash can go on to RN school!! They need some strong help from above! THANKS!!!
    Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 AM

I had the "slump" also and this is what I did. Put away all the quilts that I have started ,4, and went to do things that were done in a day. Table runners, mug rugs, candle mats...some for Christmas giving, some to sell.
    Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by davidwent
    I haven't sewn in 3 weeks! I have 3 projects and 2 swaps I need to take care of. I look at my machine and sewing table and have no interest in doing anything.
    I thought getting my FQ and stamp squishy would fire me up, but it did for just a short time. I don't know what is wrong with me :(
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    OMG - don't feel bad David - I was in a 'slump' for several YEARS - w/a quilt top almost finished rolled up (I hand quilt on a 'roll up' frame) just CRYING OUT TO BE FINISHED. Finally got the frame put back up last week & think I may actually finish it this time. (It is for my 40 yr. old grandson & think he was worrying it may never be finished)

(And at my age (I'm a great-great granma) that's dangerous that it may NEVER get finished)

You're a 'young sprout' - get off your duff & get back to enjoying that beautiful creative part of yourself!!!!!

Have a blessed day & may all your quilts be filled w/love
    Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 AM

Been there done that. Its spring! Sounds like you have cabin fever, git out side, work in the garden, if weather still to cold sit by a window and plane your garden, seeds, plants ect. make a blooming quilt out in the garden this year. soon youll be up and quilting again.
    Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 AM

you will get back in the swing of it. Could be many factors in play with you. Go find a new quilt magazine and sit back and look at it. You will get back on track.
    Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 AM

Oh, please get busy - pretty please? .... We LOVE to see your finished products ...

How about by Friday? We'd love it if you could post at least ONE "in-progress" by then?

I'll be looking for it ...