Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Small quilted items >
  • Small quilted items

• Small quilted items

Old 12-06-2013, 05:48 AM

WOW I must say these ladies are just full of great ideas!!
    Old 12-06-2013, 06:05 AM

Here is my shirt towel for kitchen, cut out two 12" long fabrics x 8" wide for sleeves, stitch side together right side to right side, cut out a neck opening 4" x 2" wide - Insert each half of small hand towel into bottom of shirt - pull thru neck opening - (leave the neck open to stitch in the end of each towel), after you have stitch both towels into the inside of shirt - then close up neck using bias binding, and embellish if you like with button and lace, ribbon, etc., [ATTACH=CONFIG]450160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]450161[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p1000934-shirted-towel-stove.jpg   p1000935.jpg  
    Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

great ideas! if I knew how to bookmark it I would; but I will write the ideas in my notebook for future sewing.
    Old 12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
    Power Poster

There are a lot of great ideas already suggested below, but I just did a craft fair in Nov. and I sold a lot of my placemat sets, plus Christmas wall hangings. If you want to pump up the volume on the placemats you could add coordinating napkins. Good luck at the flea markets.
    Old 12-06-2013, 01:21 PM

This is such a cute bag! Love this QB! Wish I could get other things done at the same time look at all the neat things on here!
    Old 12-06-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
    Here is my shirt towel for kitchen, cut out two 12" long fabrics x 8" wide for sleeves, stitch side together right side to right side, cut out a neck opening 4" x 2" wide - Insert each half of small hand towel into bottom of shirt - pull thru neck opening - (leave the neck open to stitch in the end of each towel), after you have stitch both towels into the inside of shirt - then close up neck using bias binding, and embellish if you like with button and lace, ribbon, etc., [ATTACH=CONFIG]450160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]450161[/ATTACH]
    This is just too precious! I'm warning you now! I'm stealing this idea! I just did a set of matching placemats, napkins, and hot mats for a shower present. Now I'm adding a couple of these towels! It's for my God-daughter, so she's worth it.
    Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM
    Power Poster

Little coin and makeup bags or how about a mixer or toaster cover? I would love to come across a booth with sewing accessories made already. Like sewing machine covers or travel handwork bags. Connecting threads has a free pattern in the 12 days of Christmas freebies you might like. Called a pincushion bag.
    Old 12-06-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by judylg
    Casserole carriers are easy and do not take that much fabric. Especially if you use squares from your fabric stash.
    judyig: Do you happen to have a tutorial on your casserole carrier? Thank you.
    Old 12-06-2013, 04:31 PM

I sell my items and it seems the less expensive items sell very good. Purses, placemats, totes, tissues holders, aprons, adult bibs, baby blankets and bibs. Hats also sell good but time consuming to make and some are difficult. I also make childs aprons, potholders and table runners. Kitchen towels with applique or designs on them.
    Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
    These small zippered bags are really easy to make: Made 10 of them yesterday, they are 12" high and 8 inches wide use a 20/21 inch zipper, Used two different fabrics, and interfaced both pieces, then applied zipper.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]450156[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]450158[/ATTACH]
    Wow how fun are these pouches have never seen anything like it. Great job.

Judy in Phx, AZ