Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police! >
  • so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

• so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by lfw045
    ROFL!
    double that
    Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Currently I have a top pieced out of 4 in. scraps of mismatched fabrics, just to get them out of my stash. It'll be for taking to the drive-in & park when it's done. That's the way I want it to be and I dare someone to say anything about it while it's in use! (I may even let the dog lay on it and roll around!) :lol:
    Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 AM

Keep the QP away from me!!! Good going on the nice way you told her off and I mean great. People butt in without knowing the details.
    Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 AM
    Kas

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I made my brother a quilt once that he used on his bed. Being a typical guy he washed it and hung it out to dry- in the winter!!! I think something happened to it b/c it's gone but I don't care. I know he loved it and I'm going to make him another one. Like you all said- they are meant to be used and loved and when worn out make another!!! :D
    PS. I think he was too embarrassed to tell me what really happened to it but I wouldn't care! He used it for years and that's all I care about :D:D
    Freeze dried!
    Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 AM

When people are unnecessarily rude to me for no reason at all (in other words, I don't have it coming!), about the only comeback I can think of are:

1 - I bet your mother is so proud of you and the way you behave

2 - I just saw you on the Jerry Springer show!!

So sorry she went off on you - not cool at all....
    Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Your answer was perfect. I dont think I would have been so tolerant. Quilts are meant to use. I hate to see quilts at the goodwill that have been tossed away. We have moved many times and the oldest of the quilts make great padding for furniture. My grandkids all use their quilts every day..even the 17 year old. The 15 year old quilt has been redone3 times. The last time was this year and I told him that it was for display only now...you could see thru the top it was so thin. He said fine, when could he have a new one??? I have twin bed size top that I never finished so I have dragged it out to complete for his christmas gift. It is the greatest compliment you can have is that they use your gift.
    Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 AM

You handled that well, I am proud of you. There is another thread about a woman who grabbed a quilt out of the hands of her DGD. That woman was fined and placed on parole. I replied that I would have <insert very mean response>. I have thought about it since I posted and now have made up my mind that I will take the high road, as you did, if this ever happens to me. I hope you can put it behind you and remember the good things that happened last weekend. Good Job!
    Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 AM

This is funny but sad at the same time. I just made a new quilt for one of my granddaughters because the 2 I have previously made her are just about wotn out. On the other hand her twin that has the same quilts still has plenty of use in hers but, she did ask for a third one. I tell all folks that I make them for that if they are not going to use them then I am not going to make them
    Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Good for you! I`ll bet she din`t think you would stand up to her!
    We have a bike also and I have a big mouth too. I would have done what you did as Hubby would giggle from the sidelines!!!
    Gale
    Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 AM

I would have paid money to see that.

I gave my FIL a quilt that I had put a lot of time and money into it. He had a stroke and had to have some one 24/7. When he died several years later, I found the quilt. It was in tatters, apparently the caretakers used clorox on it, it was beyond repair. I was upset, but I decided I had given it to him and he used it and I had to let it go.