Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police! >
  • so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

• so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 AM

Oh my, I dont' think I would have stopped laughing during all of her tirade. I think she is a funny lady in a bad way hahahahah.....have mercy, I think I would have been a bit nasty and asked her why her husband let her off the leash today of all days and then I would have barked and shooed her away...
    Old 07-06-2010, 06:02 AM

Hey Ckcowl, let's see what caused the quilt police to come out. :shock:
    Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 AM

You go girl!! I wouldn't have been as nice as you, but I'm glad you had the last words!!! I also make my quilts to be used & loved.
    Old 07-06-2010, 06:11 AM

I think you handled it perfectly! As others have stated, I also would not want to be the recipient of one of her quilts. Mine are intended to be used and when they get loved to death, I'll make new ones.
    Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 AM

Bravo !!!.........Good for you, I too make my quilts to be used and to be loved.
    Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 AM

I'm afraid I would have decked her and suffered the consiquences. I'd have to plead self defense. For a stranger to put hands on you is very bad in my book. Afraid my husband would get involved, he's retired Army, and very protective of his wife and daughters.
    Glad you were able to handle the situtation with out blood shed. I also make my quilts to be used, but it takes a back seat to personal safety. It's a crazy world we live in.
    Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 AM

Three cheers for you for standing up for yourself and others like me. I make them to use not to put into a showcase and just look at them. There is always material to make more quilts everyday.

I wish I could of seen her I would told her to pack up and go some where else.
    Old 07-06-2010, 07:08 AM

OK you have made my day!
    Old 07-06-2010, 07:10 AM
    Power Poster

i will snap a picture of it when i get back home, it is a TERRIBLE excuse for a quilt, (as far as i'm concerned anyway)
    and i was a little afraid when she grabbed me that dh was going to go to jail...but as soon as she started her tirade he just sat down on the quilt and listened...and laughed, he couldn't wait to hear how i responded.she was in quite a SNIT when she walked away...with her...WELL I NEVER...which all the response i had for was...'what goes around comes around'...her husband did ask her while still in ear shot...'so, are you proud of yourself? did that make your day? i'm going home now' so, it may have just ruined her weekend, didn't really faze mine....i hadn't yet figured out i'd been ripped off at the quilt shop, so that had no bearing. no matter what a person is doing (short of beating a child or a pet) would i ever have the balls to walk up to a stranger and be so indignant...and to grab that person? only to save someone, and even then i'd be calling 911...it is pretty amazing how some people feel they are perfectly justified in their bad behavior
    Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 AM

LOL I am sitting in the waiting room waiting for my husband to have a cauterization procedure done. You totally took my mind off of it and made me laugh. Thank you.

PS love his Ipad.