Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police! >
  • so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

• so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:32 AM
    Power Poster

I always tell people to use my quilts. Please don't put them up and "save" them. If they wear them out they are doing me a favor because than I get to make them another one.
    Old 07-06-2010, 07:32 AM

I wish I had been there so you could see me giving you a standing ovation! What a comeback, I never seem to think that fast.
    Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 AM

So glad you had the presence of mind to really tell her off!! I usually think of so many wonderful things I could have said, about 4 hrs. later! Sad, that her life is so confined that she has become so rigid. People who are open to life and all its wonders are so much more understanding and flexible.
    Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 AM

If the people don't use them we would have hundreds stacked up not being used. I know a gal that quilts professionally and has her quilts appraised-$2000 to 10,000. She made this beautiful one for her niece and was appalled when she visited and the niece (4 yr old) was using the quilt to play with, it made me want to chuckle and say 'that is what quilts are for, quit being a quilt snob and be happy she loves it'
    Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM

Wow. I can't believe she actually put her hands on you!! I just made and gave my niece (who's 4) a quilt. The first thing she did was step on it and her mother corrected her saying "Don't step on it, that's special." I immediately told her please don't treat it any differently than you normally would a regular blanket. Love it, use it, wrap the dog in it for all I care. Wash it as normal and if something happens to it, I'll patch it or make another. This is how I want mine used as well!
    Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 AM
    Pam

I think I know her, she is one of my guilds! LOL, go get a life, silly lady. I hope she does not do that again and good for you telling her that a used quilt is a loved one.
    Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 AM

ROTFLMAO.....I wish I could have seen that!!!! :thumbup:
    Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    The nerve of some ppl. You don't want to know what my response would have been. Probably would have had the real police there after I got done.
    im with you :D and with my luck, i would be the one leaving in handcuffs :hunf: :shock:

Can i ask what the purpose of a quilt that you can not use?
    I realize they are beautiful, and i believe each 1 is a work of art made with alot of love....
    but to me, a quilt is useless if it cant be snuggled with and/or toted around to be USED.
    My opinion, some agree, some dont... Noone has the right to tell another what to do with theirs :D

you handled yourself very well... much better than i would have lol
    Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 AM

Oh how I wish it was captured on video so we could all enjoy the Quilt-Nazi being told off! Well done for putting her in her place!!

I dared to admit online once that I hang my quilts with little nails. You would think I was the source of all evil by some of the replies. Like most of you, if it's my quilt I will do as I #&@% well please with it.

I might've had the tiniest bit of sympathy if it was a hand made Baltimore Album (or something equally elaborate) AND she was at all tactful in her approach, but in the end it's still MY QUILT, MY RULES, MYOB.
    Old 07-06-2010, 09:24 AM
    Power Poster

OMG the nerve of some people :shock: GGGEEESSSHHHH wonder what she would do if she saw a child being hurt ?

Sounds like her hubby wasn't too thrilled with her either :roll: Can you imagine living with that :? LOL Glad you took the high road :thumbup: