Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Some help if possible. >
  • Some help if possible.

• Some help if possible.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 AM

I sent you a PM.
    You may have to put your disk that came with your scanner back into your hard drive, and try running it again, then the computer may tell you that you already have a version of the scanner on your computer and then you would have to delete the old information for the scanner and the disk would then put that information back into its' place. Sometimes my computer does that, somehow it just doesn't recognize the program anymore.

That is how it works on my system, and hopefully this will help you.
    Old 08-06-2011, 08:46 AM

Hiya cindy ,,,,,if u look at my avatar it is taken from a black and white pic of my son , it is done fusing small pieces of fabric onto a fusible grid ,,,,I wouldnt recomend the programme i bought because it can have gremlins , but I could give you the choice of either you scanning the pic and sending to me and ill sort a pattern out for you , and tell you how to do it (easy)or ill do one for you ,,,,,,,pic I mean :) I wouldnt wish anything for it ,Ill just send it to you if you like :)
    Old 08-06-2011, 08:51 AM

sorry to post again ,,,,,,the pic on my avatar is made with 24 colours ,,with 8 of 3 values dark med light ,,,,,you need very little fabric and you even use small patterns and uglies lol the process is like the victoria and albert museum one , but more detailed
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 AM

I'd love to know how you did that
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:42 AM

I have never made that type of quilt, wish I could help you!!! :oops:
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:42 AM

If you can acess sewing with nancy its shown on one of her programmes ,,,its called quilted mosaic ,, but I bought the programme and it had gremlins ,,,,,,its also on youtube to watch ,,you can download a demo of the mona lisa picture to see if you would like to do a pic of your own
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:43 AM

its very much like a jigsaw with fabric , but u know where the bits go lol :)
    Old 08-06-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by cindy4857
    Hi all, I have a black and white pic. of my grandson that I would like to duplicate it in fabric for a wall hanging. Only problem is I have no idea how to do it or where to start. I've been here on the board for hmmm bout a year now I guess. When I post pic's I don't usually get more than a few responses. I often wonder why because most post go on for pages and pages. But If anyone would be willing to help me figure out how to to this I would truly be greatful.

Cross fingers gonna try to post the pic. I can't figure out how to scan it and then get it here. I'm gonna work on it. The computer isn't reconizing my scanner. Any how If someone might want to take the task on helping me do fabric Art please please please let me know.
    Hi - I have done one wall hanging that was done from a picture postcard. I enlarged the picture on a copy machine to 8 1/2 x 11 and then copied it onto a transparency (a clear plastic sheet) From there I enlarged the pattern with a black sharpie pen onto a big piece of white butcher paper on an overhead projector. The pattern was easy to trace onto fabric. I used fusible webbing on the back of the fabric and cut and fit the fabric pieces together on a background like a puzzle. I'm sure there are easier techniques.
    If you want to see how awesome a picture quilt wall hanging can turn out - please look at "jupiter's" blog. She's a VERY talented QBer, and president of our quilt guild this year:
    http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/
    Old 08-06-2011, 10:20 AM

Does anyone know how these pictures are over a period of time? Do they start to fade when washed? I love the idea of the photo's.
    Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 AM

I didn't read all of the posts, so plz forgive is someone else already gave this link:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/microsites/quilts/patchwork