Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Some quilting gift ideas? >
  • Some quilting gift ideas?

• Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:59 AM

GPS to use on my quilting Shop Hops and additional explorations. My daughter has one and used it to find an organic herb farm and delightful restaurant and got us out of there and on our way home. It was a real help in unfamiliar territory. No confusion or guessing.
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:05 AM

I asked for gift cards to Hobby Lobby and Jo Ann's as I don't really need anything.
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:06 AM

I asked for gift cards to Hobby Lobby and Jo Ann's as I don't really NEED anything.
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 AM

I don't need much of anything, but my DDs (last yr) said "not another gift certif"! :-) A GC works for me, but they say it's boring.....tho they never complain about theirs :-)
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:31 AM

Once for my birthday, my MIL gave me 14 coordinating FQ's stacked very neatly and tightly in a Wine bottle bag. When you see the wine bottle bag, you think, OK, a bottle of wine. But as soon as you pick it up you know it's not. It was very clever. Shouldn't be terribly difficult for the loved ones to do, if they go to a LQS and ask for a little help.
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 AM

For those who ask, I say go to the quilt shop and get fat quarters in a color they like. I also suggest that they browse through the books and buy something published during the last year or so. I have built a "wish list" on Amazon.com that my DH can look at and choose from. Mostly, I love gift certificates.
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:55 AM

I don't specifically celebrate Christmas. My mother and I went shopping yesterday. She bought me a Christmas bracelet and a pair of earrings for Christmas. However, when I do my SQA or SP shopping, I always buy the same items for myself. I love giving presents to others as well as myself.
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:57 AM

We all want peace on earth and for our children to be happy, but those are things they cannot wrap. Of all the people on our children's gift lists, we moms are the hardest ones they have to buy for. They appreciate it when we make them a list so they at least have an idea of what to get for us. My list has on it: a flannel nightgown, a particular book I'd like to read, dishcloths for my kitchen. You don't have to think of anything big, but just give them some ideas to pull from so they can wrap something for you to open on Christmas day. If you'll keep a notepad handy for that purpose, you can write things down as you think of them for a few days.
    Old 11-29-2010, 05:22 AM

I ask for gift cards to my favorite fabric stores. That way they can spend as little or as much as they want or can afford, and I get to shop after the holidays when I am planning my spring projects.
    Old 11-29-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by prairiequeen
    It might not be real thoughtfull but gift cards to the LQS. I have boys,their happy and I can get what I want.
    That's what I was going to say. Gift cards allow you to get whatever you want and be thrilled with your gift...and gets the kids off the hook. LOL