Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Some quilting gift ideas? >
  • Some quilting gift ideas?

• Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Since Hubby and I live only on Social Security and I handle all the money the only gift I will get is one for myself. Hubby wants a new cordless drill and it is a much needed tool for us on our horse farm. We live in Maryland and my sons and the youngest's family live in Florida. I always send special homemade cookies and a couple of little things cause postage is more then the value of the gifts in the box. Having sons that live alone and the youngest son's financal basis they don't think to send even a token gift but, though I do get depressed on the Holidays it is only because I miss them so. I love the reason for the season but putting up a tree and stuff when no one sees it is a lot of hassle. So I have my little private pity party and get on with life the day after Christmas. At least I have dear hubby and all our animals who DO appreciate me. (Even if it is cause "momma" doles out the food and treats.) LOL
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM

How about a gift card or certificate from your favorite fabric store?
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Cutting blades from Harbor Freight!!
    I've asked all my kids for them, probably get several. Hehehe!!
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
    I'm asking for quilty books, at least, I'm leaving a list of titles laying about the place in the hope that SOMEONE gets the hint! LOL
    I agree and it can be ordered on line. Maybe a new novel. leave the quilt catalog out from Connecting Threads with things circled so they can pick something out. "Big Box of Chocolate". :thumbup: :P :P :P Jan
    Old 11-29-2010, 04:32 PM

this isnt a quilting gift,but I told my girls that I didnt want anything one year,being the creative children that they are they took an empty jar with a lid and taped a note on it saying "a jar of Nothing"
    kids!
    Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 PM

Oh I would love to have a new big cutting mat!
    Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM

My boyfriend asked me what I want and I told him a mariners compass(paper-pieced pattern)....lol, I would love to see him trying to find that in the quilt store. :) That's all I want. I can't ask for more fabric, I'm trying to use and get rid of to much.
    I really like watching the kids open their presents and we all play together after they open their gifts. That's really my favorite part.
    Old 11-29-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
    Originally Posted by tjradj
    Originally Posted by Mary M
    With hubby gone now, it won't feel like Christmas. My daughter is having a huge crowd fom her husbands side and although she said I could come, I think I would feel out of place but that is okay because we did spend Thanksgiving together. I plan on giving and won't be concerned about getting for that is what Christmas means to me. There are a lot of kids out there who need a quilt to keep them warm and pajamas too. I feel good about giving I just don't like the shopping part. I pray that all children will have a warm and loving place al through the year.
    Please go. This year you might feel uncomfortable, but if you go this year, then next year will be better. And you can start a "new" tradition of being included. Your grandkids will love having you there.
    I agree, Please go and you will make your daughter happy, I think you will be amazed at how well you will fit in. You are one big happy family.
    Yes, I also suggest that you go to your daughter's. Everyone will be really glad that you're there, and for you, if nothing else, it will be a distraction but I bet you end up enjoying yourself. Then you will also have time to be at home and make those snuggly quilts
    Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Becky13
    Originally Posted by quiltingfan
    Originally Posted by tjradj
    Originally Posted by Mary M
    With hubby gone now, it won't feel like Christmas. My daughter is having a huge crowd fom her husbands side and although she said I could come, I think I would feel out of place but that is okay because we did spend Thanksgiving together. I plan on giving and won't be concerned about getting for that is what Christmas means to me. There are a lot of kids out there who need a quilt to keep them warm and pajamas too. I feel good about giving I just don't like the shopping part. I pray that all children will have a warm and loving place al through the year.
    Please go. This year you might feel uncomfortable, but if you go this year, then next year will be better. And you can start a "new" tradition of being included. Your grandkids will love having you there.
    I agree, Please go and you will make your daughter happy, I think you will be amazed at how well you will fit in. You are one big happy family.
    Yes, I also suggest that you go to your daughter's. Everyone will be really glad that you're there, and for you, if nothing else, it will be a distraction but I bet you end up enjoying yourself. Then you will also have time to be at home and make those snuggly quilts
    Yes, You should go to your DD's. DH and I used to feel that way when DDIL asked to for Holidays when it was mostly her side of the family but over the years we got to know her family better and enjoy being with them. May in Jersey
    Old 11-29-2010, 05:16 PM

Go, go, go! It's not Christmas without family; and I'm sure it will feel perfectly normal after you're there a few minutes.