Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Someone please come over and slap me >
  • Someone please come over and slap me

• Someone please come over and slap me

Old 09-01-2011, 12:36 AM

There are several videos on youtube about making continuous bias binding.
    I tried to put the links but I'mdoing something wrong. Go to youtube and put bias binding in search. two that I found that didn't require special notions were by pcquilter and exquisitequilting.
    v=kDwc1L47Src&feature=related[quote=GrannieAnnie][quote=KwiltyKahy]That's why I like to make continuous bias
    Originally Posted by DogHouseMom

How do you make continuous bias? Don't you have to seam sometime or another.
    Old 09-01-2011, 02:27 AM

Been ther done that. It just ment that it was time to walk away and do something else, get a cup of coffee etc. then go bock and start again. DEB
    Old 09-01-2011, 02:27 AM

Been ther done that. It just ment that it was time to walk away and do something else, get a cup of coffee etc. then go bock and start again. DEB
    Old 09-01-2011, 02:49 AM

You just have to put it down to, "one of those days". Happens to us all. Of course, that doesn't begin to take the disgust factor out of something that should have been so simple.
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:02 AM

Let me just say that I have done the almost exact thing as you, a couple times. I have been sewing for 65 years and making bias binding for probably 50 of those years. And the times I have screwed up sewing binding together have been in the past year. I think we try to hurry, or get tired, or get it in our mind that these are simple tasks and just don't pay attention to what we are doing. Just relax and take a little break.
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:40 AM

Sounds like a normal day to me.
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:44 AM

OMG, is this what I have to look forward to???? I'm about a stones throw away from finishing my hand stitched hexagon quilt top. The thought of even putting the top, batting and bottom together scares the bageebies out of me, let alone the basting part of it. I want to hand stitch the WHOLEEEEE thing. I hadn't even thought about binding ..... Someone slap me now! ! ! LOLOL

Somedays our thoughts are just not in the right places. I've sewed my hexs on so that the paper parts are on the front of the quilt top. I used to make 'sections' while I was waiting at the doctors office or taking my nieces to different appointments and waiting for them. I once thought I was sewing one of those smaller 'sections' to the larger quilt and actually ended up sewing the top and bottom ends together sorts making a tube out of a very large quilt top, LOL...Funny Now......Now then, lololol....Lets see..what else? Oh, when I was in the paper covering phase, way back then, I printed out the wrong size hexs, cut them out and had them stacked ready to cover before I noticed that they were a little smaller than the hexs I was using. I put them in a pile anticipating throwing them out at a later time. Later that evening, not thinking, I grabbed the stack of smaller hexs and sat for almost 3 hours covering the wrong size paper pieces until I remembered they were the wrong size. All during those 3 hours, I kept wondering why the fabric was a bit larger than the papers I had covered the night before. I figured I'd cut the fabric wrong. Good thing I was only basting the fabric onto the paper pieces, I turned into a frog and started to rippit, rippit, rippit all apart, lolol....I'm a brand new quilter, working on my first quilt. Wow! If this is what I have to look forward to...Hmmm, Please, someone SLAP me NOW! ! !
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:46 AM

Sorry, but I HAD to laugh. Some days absolutely nothing you do turns out right!
    Old 09-01-2011, 03:54 AM

welcome to my world LOL
    Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 AM

Sounds like you need to drink a glass of wine and get back to it later :thumbup: