Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Something a nurse would say >
  • Something a nurse would say

• Something a nurse would say

Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
    As someone who has had more than her share of surgeries I can honestly say that without the nurses I would never have made it through or at least it would have been much more difficult. Nurses, for the most part, have a terrific sense of humor at least that has been my experience. During my first knee replacement surgery if it hadn't been for a nurse suggesting "the bomb" I'd still be in the hospital. The "bomb" is a mixture of prune juice and Sprite, you can guess what my problem was. I had a male nurse, highly under-rated and misunderstood, who was with me on the first night after the first knee replacement. He apologized for waking me and said he just wanted to "sneak a look at my pumps." I was still under the influence of a nerve block and replied that it was very personal since we had just met. He realized what he had said and the poor guy turned red and explained what he meant. I knew what he meant and we had a good laugh. His ability to turn that into something fun was just what I needed. Nurses are truly amazing people, they take so much abuse from people in pain and they are not the ones responsible for the pain. Having a quilt with little quips, I would think, would be the most wonderful compliment. Bless all the nurses for without them all the talented doctors in the world couldn't help us.
    Thank you so very much for your great words. No matter how hard or stressful a situation gets, we know the minute the patient goes home they won't remember us at all. We may have saved their life by recognizing a deteriorating situation & call a code & start CPR, but they will never know it.

We'll know though because of the wonderful sense of success & the warm feeling we feel in our hearts.
    Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by sonisew
    My sister is a nurse and I am making a quilt for her and I want to put things a nurse would say on the quilt but wanted to know if anyone here can help come up with some.

Thanks for any help that i can get.

"nurses have patients"
    Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 PM

Be nice, I control the size of the needle

Be nice, I control your pain meds... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM

NURSES ARE UNDERPAID OVER WORKED AND UNDER

APPRECIATED.

I HAVE TWO IN MY FAMILY, ICU AND CRU.

THEY ARE AWSOME!!!!!!
    Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM

doctors write orders. nurse keep you alive.
    nurses call the shots.
    nurses are angels in sensible shoes.
    everybody has a temperature. i'm looking for a fever, honey.
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM

I have spent many, many days in hospitals, and in rehab with my recently deceased MIL... She was very sick at times without much control over anything. The nurses and aids were not only good to her and saw to her needs, but they were also very good to me. So let me say to all you sweet nurses out there, we may not remember your name (seems those crazy name badges are always facing in, or do you put them on that way?) but we will never ever forget the great help you give, along with kindness and reassurance and patience and hope, and sometimes a snack or a warmed blanket!

There is one special nurse out there somewhere that listened to me when I asked her to check Mom again, for the 4th time.. I just knew something was going wrong even though her vitals seemed just fine... She was being dismissed and I just knew something was not right. That sweet woman looked at me as I told her that I wasn't comfortable and felt something was wrong.. she said, if you feel that way I will call her doctor and tell him we need him to see her. She convienced the doc. to come check her.. It was a lifesaving decision she made. Mom was just at the beginning of a septic infection, which very nearly killed her. Had that nurse not listened and we would have taken Mom out of the hospital I am quite sure she would have died that day. It was a month long battle to save her life as it was.. but she did recover, she had 3 very good years after that, because of a nurse who would listen to someone who really doesn't know much.

So while you may not hear much from us after we leave your care, we do not forget, ever. Bless you all, you are the ones who really make the difference in health care.
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 PM

Thank a nurse PRN !
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 PM

Code Brown! cracked me up - but I wouldn't use it.
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by jodimarie
    here is the link to a new line of nurse fabric......off to order it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Ta...roductID=26819
    I've just clicked on the link and can't believe all the fabric I see. First thing I think of is "Do they send overseas (Australia)?" Answer: Yes. Now, I wonder if I really need any more material. "Not really........but.........I would really LOVE 2 buy some"

I'll have to have a coffee and seriously think about it. :|
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm an ICU RN, I'm sure whatever you make for your sister, she will appreciate, I know I would. it's very thoughtful of you. And a big thank you from all of us nurses to all you wonderful people who have shown you remember how we care for you and your loved ones.

Have fun making the quilt, I can't wait to see it.