Google Goddess

Hugs Hugs, I hope things get better for you

Big Bear Hugs for you
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]192293[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-192287.gif  
    Old 05-03-2011, 04:48 AM

positive thoughts coming your way!
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 AM

It's amazing to me how much money it will cost for these hi-end computerized machines that can be useless or non fixable!
    I have a Viking that has left me stranded two times because of the computer. The next time it happens, it will cost 450 dollars to replace that part!
    I went on Craiglist and purchased a Bernina 830 record with no computer for my back up machine. It feels like I'm sewing butter.
    Sorry to hear about your machine, I understand. Car troubles too. I hope from here on out it will get better.
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 AM

When it rains it pours...I hope everything gets better for you soon. Take care.
    Old 05-03-2011, 05:48 AM

Some electronics have convinced me that I do NOT need an very expensive sewing machine (or camera or laptop or cell phone or...). Middle of the road for me then I don't feel QUITE as bad when one dies. I had a top of the line Canon and it DID last for 6 years. I replaced it with a $150 model. When it goes who cares?

But then maybe I have just gotten cheep from 30+ years w/DH who is nicknamed Mr. Thrifty LOL

Sorry for your troubles and hope your backup baby treats you well :-)
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
    Some electronics have convinced me that I do NOT need an very expensive sewing machine (or camera or laptop or cell phone or...). Middle of the road for me then I don't feel QUITE as bad when one dies. I had a top of the line Canon and it DID last for 6 years. I replaced it with a $150 model. When it goes who cares?

But then maybe I have just gotten cheep from 30+ years w/DH who is nicknamed Mr. Thrifty LOL

Sorry for your troubles and hope your backup baby treats you well :-)
    I'm with you ssgramma! People ask what I like about my old sewing machines and it comes down to one thing and one thing only....no electronics. You plug it in, it turns on, you sew. If a part breaks, you can tell it is broken and fix it. People also tease me about my 1890's coffee grinder and the stove top percolator I store under the counter for emergencies and my 1940's toaster that toasts rather than warms. If I could find a station wagon without all the electronic gear, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by julia58
    When it rains it pours...I hope everything gets better for you soon. Take care.
    remember the sump pumps are out of order too,. lol

LOL about your troubles, no much we can do, but clear skies will be shining through for all of us (((hugs)))
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 AM

quote]

I'm with you ssgramma! People ask what I like about my old sewing machines and it comes down to one thing and one thing only....no electronics. You plug it in, it turns on, you sew. If a part breaks, you can tell it is broken and fix it. People also tease me about my 1890's coffee grinder and the stove top percolator I store under the counter for emergencies and my 1940's toaster that toasts rather than warms. If I could find a station wagon without all the electronic gear, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.[/quote]

How's about a 1955 Nomad

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I personally want an old shiny RED truck with stake side! But after FIL passed and Uncle who used to restore cars is 90 I have no one to be my mechanic but me.
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM

You sound the way DH and I sounded last year about March.

Hope things get better for you and that your 6600 can be repaired at reasonable cost.
    Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 AM

I know what you mean ! It's hard to replace one thing, but when you have everything go out at once you want to just scream.
    My air is starting to act up, I know the coils need cleaning. I've been after my son (he's 50) to clean it, but can't get him off his butt.
    If it goes out and I have to go without air for a couple of days in this 90 degree heat, I'ma gonna slappa his face!
    FYI... never buy all of your appliances at one time, ha, they will all go out at the same time like mine did.
    Syl