Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Sorry for my impatience >
  • Sorry for my impatience

• Sorry for my impatience

Old 12-14-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by sguillot
    I lost my sweet husband 4 years ago and it has taken me this long to get my interest back after losing him.
    My husband passed away 7 years ago, and it also took me a long time to get back into quilting. Sorry for your loss. Quilting now again has become my peaceful time. It always feels good to finish something. I also have a hard time with change, especially since my husband passed away.
    Hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas.
    Old 12-14-2011, 11:04 AM

Okay, I totally abhorred the new site. Now, it is beginning to feel more like the old board and I am grateful. I love being able to get things ie pictures, links in order. For awhile everything was such a mishmash. I am glad I kept trying and finally became comfortable.
    Old 12-15-2011, 03:58 AM

Hope you're able to make great quilts and enjoy the process now that the dust has settled.
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by pamesue
    Merry Christmas to you and your family

changes is going to happen whether we want it to or not...so just wait the storm out...things usually turn out okay.
    id
    It took me a while also to learn my way around the new board,but I really love it just took a while like you said most things turn out OK in the end. Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and Happy New Year also.
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:31 AM

I am right with you all. It was confusing at first but the more we try the easier it gets, it just takes a while for all of us to find our way.
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:34 AM

Merry Christmas to you. I have several widow friends and know this is a very hard time of the year for you. I am glad you are enjoying the board again. I am rather new so the changes did not seem to bother me much. I just love all the things I learn each time I log on.
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:42 AM

I think it is very admirable that you are apologizing for what you said. I too felt frustrated with the changes, and I am still not very proficient at manoevring the website, but I'm getting there. The fact of what you've been through, and that you don't have a partner to vent your frustrations with, and also the fact that going on the board is a big part of your day (lunch hour), I can certainly understand anything you might have posted. Personally, I did not read your post, that I know of, so I don't know exactly what you said, but as far as I'm concerned, we need to forgive one another unconditionally. Thanks for your transparency.
    Old 12-15-2011, 04:50 AM

No worries....it was not an unshared sentiment. Change is a difficult thing to swallow sometimes.
    Old 12-15-2011, 05:57 AM

In the past couple months....since October I guess, I`ve finished four quilts ( sandwiched, quilted and binding)...I made a rag quilt for my DSS for Xmas , and pieced two more large quilt tops...alll because i kept off the quiltboard a lot....lol so aLL THE CHANGES worked out pretty good for me....ha ha ha only thing I didn`t appreciate was being slapped on the fingers and getting a warning because I post something in the wrong place....anyways we alll had frustrations over the changes but I think we are getting used to things.....you are one amongst many....a very inspiring place to come to.....Merry Xmas to you abd yours
    Originally Posted by sguillot
    When the board was first changed I was very fustrated because I couldn't log on and out of fustration sent a complaint. I was very unhappy with the situation and in thinking about it I feel really bad for being so strong in what I said. I don't remember exactly everything I said I just remember thinking about it now that I shouldn't have been so hasty in saying what I did. Now I would like to say that I am very sorry and will never do that again. I love this board, I learn something new every time I am here and it's my favorite thing to do on my lunch hour. I have been very motivated lately and am still working on getting my sewing and quilting rooms organized. I made a beautiful wall hanging for my Sister for her birthday and it was beautiful. It was one of the Stonehenge wall hangings with the Poinsetta on it. I put it together and quilted it on my long arm. My sister loved the wall hanging but the fact that I finally finished something and it was for her made her even happier. Thanks to all of you for being so talented and encouraging to those of us who are going through things. I lost my sweet husband 4 years ago and it has taken me this long to get my interest back after losing him. Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to all of you.
    Old 12-15-2011, 06:07 AM

I often speak before I think. I am still not comfortable with the new board. I feel I am missing so much that I use to see in the old one.