Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • South Dekato >
  • South Dekato

• South Dekato

Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 PM

Anyone on here from Aberdeen,SD....??? I'm coming there 1st of July...Can you tell me anything about the area
    Old 05-31-2011, 10:24 PM

Hi Buzzy Bee, I grew up 26 miles west of Aberdeen but have two brothers and a sister that still live in Aberdeen. I have lived in Montana for 36 years but still call South Dakota my home. That's where my family is. Aberdeen is a small city of about 25,000. No fabric stores but they do have one quilt shop on Main Street. I's a very nice clean city and Story Book Land is a blast for all ages. Not a lot of shopping The last visit I noticed the mall was all but dead! Lots of flooding going on in the area right now too. My sister said the skeeters are as big as helecopters and very hungry. LOL Are you going to visit or just passing through? Enjoy your trip.
    Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the info...I'll take some skeeter repellent...LOL... I
    m going there with a group from our church on a mission trip to help out a church in that area....looking forward to it....hope the flooding will be gone !!!!
    Originally Posted by 5moose
    Hi Buzzy Bee, I grew up 26 miles west of Aberdeen but have two brothers and a sister that still live in Aberdeen. I have lived in Montana for 36 years but still call South Dakota my home. That's where my family is. Aberdeen is a small city of about 25,000. No fabric stores but they do have one quilt shop on Main Street. I's a very nice clean city and Story Book Land is a blast for all ages. Not a lot of shopping The last visit I noticed the mall was all but dead! Lots of flooding going on in the area right now too. My sister said the skeeters are as big as helecopters and very hungry. LOL Are you going to visit or just passing through? Enjoy your trip.