Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stack n Whack >
  • Stack n Whack

• Stack n Whack

Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 AM

Elaine, Check out this site. It might be helpful.

http://www.bobrow.net/kimberly/Quilt...ss/index1.html

Old 08-28-2007, 08:27 AM
    Power Poster

Here is another website to check out, love the picture too, what a cutie :)

http://www.bethanyreynolds.com/what%27ssnw.html

Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM

My quilt guild had a demo on this and the lady that did it is hooked(she used the bethany reynolds book)! I don't know how may she's made but alot. Also at the meeting a member showed one she did that had only 4 stacks and it was beautiful. I ran out to my quilt shop and got the pattern can't wait to try it. I think I'd start with 4 instead of 6 or 8 just for practice. I don't want to kill my fabric. The pattern is called 4-patch stacked posies. H.D. Designs [email protected]. This lady is the one who did the celtic letter design on simply quilts.
    Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
    lin

Becky I did a 4 patch stacked posie one for my nephew and posted a picture of it in the Picture forum. It was fun to do and easier than the 8 piece one I've done just because there weren't so many pieces. It would be easy to get hooked on these. :)
    Old 08-28-2007, 02:30 PM

I've got my fabric all picked out just need the time. Trying to get my queen size done. (oh for the want of a quilt fairy or elves to help in the night! or Rod Serling to to add a few hours from the Twilght Zone! :? ) Becky
    Old 08-28-2007, 02:47 PM

would love to have that pattern for the Stack n Whack that only take four pieces for the block . Anybody know what that book is called. Thanks, Wilma
    Old 08-28-2007, 03:18 PM
    lin

I didn't find the pattern four the 4 patch in her book, but I did use the same basic technique as she uses for her 6 and 8 patch quilts. The book I have is Magic Stack-n-Whack Quilts by Bethany S. Reynolds. Hope that helps. :)
    Old 08-28-2007, 04:09 PM

I have made one of these( Sorry I cann't figure out how to send pictures )From the Book Magic stack and whack. It's all in the pinning. You need flat pins. And you need to buy your fabric by the repeats so if you are doing a six piece your fabric needs six repeats. You cut them all at once. Bethany Reynolds book gives great directions. -
    Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 AM

My first 2 quilts were made with the book 'Stack The Deck Crazy Quilts in 4 Easy Steps' by Karla Alexander. It is great and easy to follow.
    You stack up how many sqs you need then cut into sections. then you transfer one of the top fabric sections to the bottom of the deck and so on. You really need the book its to hard to explain otherwise. Since it was my very first quilt and I did not know anything about quilting, this was a very good start. My quilts turned out great.
    Old 08-29-2007, 06:44 AM

This site gives a pattern for "Windmill". If you stack the fabric carefully, with all the motifs directly lined up, and cut them in this manner, you can use "windmill" for sewing. http://www.woodenthimble.com/freepat04.html
    If you live in the Rochester NY area, this is a class available. If you are not near there, their photo of a stack and whack quilt is beautiful. http://www.discountsewingcenter.com/class_listing.htm Sara