Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Starting Early Christmas Gifts >
  • Starting Early Christmas Gifts

• Starting Early Christmas Gifts

Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 PM

Done few small things but still finishing a few big quilts for Christmas but ours was delayed till Jan 25th so technically Im not late!! Lol.
    Hate to be rushed at last minute!!!
    Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 PM

I hope to get some Christmas tissue covers made, and little quilted baskets. A flannel quilt for our youngest son for Christmas of 2014. I like your idea of getting a calendar out. I think when a person rights it down, it is much more likely to happen.
    Old 01-15-2014, 03:15 AM
    Power Poster

I vowed not to get caught up in the last minute sewing rush again. I am just finishing up some wool applique ornaments . I sat sunday afternoon and decided what I want to make for everyone and made a notebook with all the patterns. I refuse to start any other projects. I tend to get caught up downloading to many free patterns and never making them. that is stopping also. keeping my nose to the grind stone this year.
    Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 AM
    Power Poster

I have already started on CHRISTmas for this year. With 19 grandchildren and 9 ggc. (I think), I have to start early or never get finished.
    Old 01-15-2014, 04:26 AM

I don't feel so over-burdened now, Twinkie, I only have 13 grands and 3greats.
    Old 01-15-2014, 05:24 AM

Yes, since living in Indiana and snowed in. I started looking at what can I do with what I have. I started making pillow cases. So far I have 23 done.
    Old 01-15-2014, 05:42 AM

I guess I'd better take my tree down. Or maybe have some hot cocoa while looking at my tree and make my project list. My life has been so crazy I haven't had time to enjoy my tree yet. The season of epiphany goes till March 4th, so I figure I'm still ok. I do need to get some things done so I have hand sewing for the evenings. I have a crochet project going at work during lunch break. I hadn't thought about doing pillowcases, thanks for that idea.
    Old 01-15-2014, 06:13 AM

Our church group always begins their Christmas quilt in January. I suggested a wall hanging. I saw a cute one - perhaps on this board? But now I need to learn applique. Another 'learning' year. Will be snowmen, mittens, gifts, bells, Christmas lights, stockings, ornaments, Trees and possibly reindeer. There are many different ways to do applique. Any suggestions? thanks
    Old 01-15-2014, 07:04 AM

I, also, have thought long and hard about 2014 Christmas. But, we did a major remodel last year (kitchen, 2 baths, FL room, & hardwood in all areas except kitchen & bath). So my quilting time was very interrupted to say the least. Consequently, I need to quilt & bind 4 bed quilts I made last year. I felt really good to even have gotten them cut out and pieced. Once they are finished I'll start on 2014. I like the idea of a calendar, though. This year is my " organize your life" year. I work much better when I can be organized.
    Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 AM

If I started my Christmas list now, by the time Christmas gets here I will have forgotten what I made for whom and where I hid it. lol