Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stash Building Rules >
  • Stash Building Rules

• Stash Building Rules

Old 06-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
    Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    Those rules sound great. I have to say that my problem is I buy fabric with a project in mind, then a few months (or years later) I cannot remember what I bought to go with what. I then am afraid to use the fabric because I KNOW I intended it for some project and if I use it, I might regret it later when I remember why I bought it in the first place. I am getting to where I write down what I want to do with the fabric and tacking it to it so that I can remember what my thinking behind each piece I purchase was.
    That's a good idea. I keep a notebook of quilts I've made, quilts I'm working on, quilts I have planned (either pattern, fabric or both) and quilts I want to make someday. If it's planned with the pattern, I bundle all the fabrics together and put them on my shelf with the pattern inclosed. most of my bundles don't have patterns yet, I just bundled fabrics together that I bought to go together. I have about 30 of these bundles so I have lots of future projects to do! LOL
    Thank you for the great ideas for creating our stash of fabrics. I am a new quilter and am also a scrapbooker. I started a scrapbook of the quilts I have made. I include small squares of the fabrics, name of quilt pattern, who it was for, date, and location. I also include a photo of the person I made the quilt for (with me if possible) and anything special about the quilt. I included thank you notes from the recipients (if received). I keep notes in the back of the scrapbook of future projects and samples of the fabric so I don't forget. I keep info about kits I buy ... particularly where I bought it and when.