Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • stash organization - I've got it all! >
  • stash organization - I've got it all!

• stash organization - I've got it all!

Old 05-02-2010, 05:14 PM
    Power Poster

Just jump in with both feet. Try to do it a little at a time and it won't seem so overwhelming. When you are done you can come over and do mine.
    Old 05-02-2010, 05:30 PM
    Power Poster

Like most everyone has said - just do it a little at a time -

It will be like Christmas to revisit all your fabrics -
    Old 05-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Big hug and a gentle nudge. I just finished redoing my stash and had a ball seeing and feeling the fabric. I did not wrap my fabric on boards, but it is folded neatly in containers I can reach easily!

"Reach easily" seems to be the key phrase as I had let things go to confusion when I had to struggle to find or put things away.

I am one happy camper tonight. I even created a pile of giveaways which lightened the load.

This is going to be fun for you :-) Reward yourself with some sewing time, too!
    Old 05-02-2010, 06:20 PM

heck if you lived closer to me, I wouldn't push you, I would get on my kneews and help use your 6 x 24 ruller to measure, folde and store, We could get those tubs clean out in no time.

Claire
    Old 05-02-2010, 07:13 PM

I found a suggestion on a blog that can help with motivations.

Set a timer for 20 minutes and do something during that 20 minutes! If you go over that is great, but if you only accomplish 20 minutes worth of what every you have chosen it is 20 minutes that you have done something constructive. It has worked great with me.

Another suggestion I found was to take 4 yardsticks and form a square around whatever you want to clean, pick up or change and do only that which is inside the yardstick. Pretty soon you have everything done!!!

It is amazing what can be accomplished in 20 minutes or within 9 square feet!
    Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 PM

All together now ready set P U S H >>>>>>>>>>
    Just think of jumpin into the fabric folding like jumping into a pile of fall leaves and how good it will feel to get it all raked up again.
    I guess I missed something somewhere, but what are the comic boards and cake rounds? Are the pieces of cardboard or what?
    Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    All together now ready set P U S H >>>>>>>>>>
    Just think of jumpin into the fabric folding like jumping into a pile of fall leaves and how good it will feel to get it all raked up again.
    I guess I missed something somewhere, but what are the comic boards and cake rounds? Are the pieces of cardboard or what?
    Yeah! I'm confused. And I agree with someone else's post on here, where did you find this info on what to get and how to organize it? What are the comic boards? Anyways....

You have alot of people who need to see what you are doing and how this is going to work out. We want to see the comic boards and cake rounds, and what are all the paper clips for???
    You need to get started so we can see the pictures. Push, nudge, push.
    Old 05-03-2010, 03:13 AM

I am right behind you. I have been putting off cleaning my clothes closet for weeks now. It is time to take out winter clothing and bring in the spring things.Just need motivating.
    Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 AM

I was going to mention that rubber bands is not a good idea. Not only will they make a stain on the fabric...as they age, they will get sticky and stick to the fabric. A lot of yardages could be ruined.
    Originally Posted by brennalee
    Hey Bella just so you know I wrapped my fabric as well and used rubber bands from wal-mart but they leave a stain on your fabric :( Just thought I would share that I was disappointed. Sorry Brenda
    Old 05-03-2010, 03:31 AM

I need to do the same thing.... wanta race?

Actually I am moving my sewing room to another floor but things have to be done there first. I think with it being Mother's Day this weekend I can convince my daughter and son-in-law to help, but I need to be organized so we get something done.

I will get started right after I check the rest of the threads here... this site is addicting. Almost as addicting as quilting!