Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stash >
  • Stash

• Stash

Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM

Sharin'Sharon please learn how to drive! I have a sister who is 90 now, but she has had to depend on anyone and everyone to take her to the Dr, store, shopping, etc,etc,etc. It is not funny when you are alone. Just trying to be nice in my thoughts. You really, really need to learn. It's never too late.
    Old 02-21-2013, 04:52 AM

I know you mean well, but there may be all kinds of reasons that a person does not drive and not knowing how is rarely one of them.
    Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie
    Well, I found a way to keep DH to stop complaining (he just likes to make noise) about the fabric I have. Just find someone on the boards who has pictured their stash and show him what a "real" stash looks like! I just did that and got a "holy cow, you don't have that much! Is that a quilt shop?" Hehehe!
    That is just too funny.....
    Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7
    I have a sweetheart for a husband - when we go on trips he will find the quilt shops and stop so I can look - he takes more time looking than I do. When I talked about needing a bigger room to sew in he thought I should take over the family room. He never blinks an eye at what I bring home - He's a keeper!
    Nammie, I also am married to a sweetheart. My DH has always supported my quilting, fabric stashing. And I support his woodworking. He is such a blessing to me and I think we have more fun because of it. My DH does most of the meals and I do most of the baking. It is a great combo. Think I will keep him!
    Old 02-21-2013, 07:04 AM

Here is my stash! Luann in CT
    Photo 1 is my closet I have cleaned it since this photo. It is a full walking closet full of personal fabric.
    Photo 2 is the business and newer fabric.
    Attached Thumbnails stash-2-web.jpg   stash-1-web.jpg  
    Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas
    My DH is an accountant: he thinks I should do a photo record if each piece in my stash, file them according to heaven only knows some method,and do a monthly account of what' there! I remind him that the value of fabric I got 20 years ago has gone up more than his stocks and bonds! Any idea of what I'm going to do with him after he actually retires in a month? Too bad he won't learn how to rip seams!
    I must have a treasure of a hubby. He rips seams for me!
    Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 AM

Last Fall I decided I really should try to use what I have in my stash and not buy any fabric in 2013. Well, that worked for 5 months or so. But really I have been pretty good I think. I do know my stash is NOT as large as many. Not buying yarn doesn't count as I don't have a stash of that.
    Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 AM
    Power Poster

WOW Twinkie has me beat!!! Great idea to hush DH!!! Will show her pics to my DH
    Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 AM

So...you folks who suffer from too much fabrics....DH and I are retiring soon and traveling around the country in our RV. How about I come by and " help" you with your problem? LOL!
    Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 AM

Does your dh fish, doesn't he have all kinds of hooks, luers, etc. Ask him if he would like you to get rid of them. He can't use all them every time he goes fishing. Your stash isn't any different than his fishing equipment or even tools. My dh is a gadget man. He loves gadgets of any kind. He did ask once if I had enough material. I looked at him and asked if he had enough gadgets. He laughed and said no. I laughed and said dito. I made an agreement with him, he doesn't buy any more gadgets and I won't buy any more material. I am still buying material. LOL

Enjoy your stash!