Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Steady Betty >
  • Steady Betty

• Steady Betty

Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 PM

I have the 16" square Steady Betty. It really is worth it because I no longer have to chase my blocks or really small pieces around with my iron when I go to press them open. You won't have to press as long with your iron and your fabrics irons smoother without resorting to spraying with water or starch all the time. I have asthma so the less I use spray the better. You can spray liquid on it too. When I use fusible webbing with velvet as embellishment the velvet doesn't get crushed. It is double sided. The Steady Betty is the best quilting tool I have bought in a long time.
    Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 PM
    Google Goddess

never heard of it
    Old 06-23-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by vmessier
    What size Steady Betty did you buy?
    I got the big one but they don't have it in the Joann's store. I bought it online with the 50% coupon. I really like it.
    Old 06-23-2010, 07:57 AM
    Power Poster

I have seen these boards at dressmakers/alterations shops, they are table top size. I never thought to ask if home size was available! I ordered the 15 x 24 one this morning online from Joann's for $39.16 total. Here is the 50% off code that is good until July 27th. KCCF178 With the coupon it is the cheapest price I've found for this size.
    Old 06-23-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I have seen these boards at dressmakers/alterations shops, they are table top size. I never thought to ask if home size was available! I ordered the 15 x 24 one this morning online from Joann's for $39.16 total. Here is the 50% off code that is good until July 27th. KCCF178 With the coupon it is the cheapest price I've found for this size.
    Wow! That is cheaper than the 16" square one I had bought. It was still worth it. I use mine everyday. I like it that it does not slip off my ironing board or any surface for that matter. :thumbup:
    Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 AM
    Power Poster

Hmmm...I've never heard of one of these things. I'm going to go check it out. Thanks
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The table liner I found will not hold the fabric like the Steady Betty. What table liner fabric did you use?
    Sorry this answer took so long. I did not notice your question. Unfortunately, it was a few months ago that I bought the table liner so all I can tell you is that it is white on the plastic side, lime green on the back, about 1/8in thick & was 60 in wide and in the section with the draperies fabric on the long rolls that stand on end. What I can do if you'd like is send you a piece in the snail mail. I know that you have already ordered a steady betty but you would be able to see what I'm using and then if it was different than you found and you felt it worked fine you could still make some smaller ones yourself.
    I'm sure you will love your new steady betty. If you want me to send you a piece of this stuff just pm me with your address.
    Happy Quilting,
    Dixie
    Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 AM

I never seen it. Sounds great, I have that Joann's coupon I better order one before you all get them lol
    Old 02-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Thank you for the info