Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" >
  • Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

• Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Old 12-20-2009, 08:00 AM

Yesterday, I finished the binding on a large throw for my Dad. I am in the middle of a binding on a Christmas D9P for a dear neighbor. Her mother died this year and they both made crochet blankets when my 19 year old was born. Then I have the flannel pieces cut out for a sister's toddler grandson, a rag quilt. They live in Tampa and the fabric has great kiddie pirates on it. I think I should now step away from the computer! May you all have the strength to continue through the night and may the gremlins stay away from your sewing machines. Happy Holidays...
    Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 AM
    Banned

Stressed out too. I have one more quilt to bind and make a fleece blanket. I made 7 quilts for gifts, 7 quilted tote bags, and 2 fleece blankets. I say I am not doing this to myself every ear, but it happens. Can't wait till after the holidays to work on some swaps I am doing. Oh yes I have a label to put on Nov. Dec. doll quilt.
    Old 12-20-2009, 09:37 AM

I'm just about onto my last bit... just got to bind a 90x90 quilt log cabin quilt for my eldest sister. I'm so glad that I'm finished at work for the holidays, so I can have a full day at it tomorrow and see how far I can get.

Also, she's coming to our house for Christmas dinner, so she's opening her prezzy here... I don't have to deliver it, so I've got right till Christmas morning.

Oh, just remembered... the label too.
    Old 12-20-2009, 11:30 AM

You are soooooo right !!!!!!!!!!!!! Sewing quilting and crafting is what I do to DE stress!!!!! Lock me in my sewing room Please! And Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year and Jesus is what makes life good. I start working on Christmas earlier every year so that now I just roll all year with it and I couldnt be happier!! Merry Christmas to all you guys and may you never run out of Christmas love Christmas fabric and Christmas joy!!
    Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by judithb
    Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    I still need to FM a wallhanging for Mom...need to start baking...almost done wrapping...need to get 1 more thing for #2 son(got to be even)...decided to make a fleece blanket for my Uncle(this morning), now need to go get fleece. Oh, and I need to clean house...............
    And how many cups of coffee did you have this am!!
    Not Enough! LOL
    Old 12-20-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
    Okay so I was sitting here taking a break after quilting for every avaible hour today. And thinking to myself, I am sure I am not the only one!
    Without even the time to READ all these replies, I am greatful to see I am not alone in this boat!!!

I have one oversized lap quilt 1/3 of the way bound.
    I have one oversized T-shirt quilt that needs to have one side of binding un-sewn, and re-sewn, and then that needs to be tied.

Both need laundering. I have no more days off till Christmas, and I work RETAIL!!!!( Not to mention the other holiday projects I am working on.....)

Good luck everyone!
    Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Well, thursday I decided that I would make aprons for my 3 daughters, my sons current girlfriend and his ex girlfriend (who is like a daughter) I got 2 done Friday, got 3 done Saturday, then decided to make myself one and since my Husbands family is going to be here for Christmas I think that i am going to make 3 more for my MIL, SIL and BIL's wife. I have 3 half done, with 2 more to even cut out. I think I need to get sewing.

I'm also thinking of making some hot pads as well with the scraps.
    Crazy, I know!!
    Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 AM

I was working on a I Spy quilt for my niece but main sewing machine had to be repaired so I used back up machine, BIG MISTAKE!! The seams weren't working, I was rushing to get it finished. Long story short, I will be giving it to her in February with some adjustments to it.

Now I am making some fabric covered journals for my sister in laws and fabric kleenex holders.
    Old 12-21-2009, 07:33 AM

I love your dogs, too. I have 9 rescued cats and they embroider my life. Celebrate!
    Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 AM

I'm not stressing about my quilting - I know it won't get done. My DD gave me a project (full size bed) on the17th and thought I could finish by the 25th!

So I started, but am concentrating on getting the house clean for company, rather than quilting non-stop.

I'm nearly done with a lap quilt for my DH - hand quilting it.

Those are my current priorities...