Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" >
  • Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

• Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Old 12-21-2009, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Well, thursday I decided that I would make aprons for my 3 daughters, my sons current girlfriend and his ex girlfriend (who is like a daughter) I got 2 done Friday, got 3 done Saturday, then decided to make myself one and since my Husbands family is going to be here for Christmas I think that i am going to make 3 more for my MIL, SIL and BIL's wife. I have 3 half done, with 2 more to even cut out. I think I need to get sewing.

I'm also thinking of making some hot pads as well with the scraps.
    Crazy, I know!!
    Wow, what a cool picture that would be, everyone together with their aprons on! Great work...
    Old 12-21-2009, 09:37 AM

"Sewing under a deadline at Christmas seems to be the norm for me. I do it to myself and then swear it'll never happen again"
    Elizabeth...oh my true words...lol So wish I would have seen this thread a couple weeks ago might have given me the strenght to work harder. I just kept procastinating then I came down w/ a cold that kept coming & going. Happy to say I finally finished the last quilt last night. I am a very proud Nana and make sure all my kids/GK's have a homemade quilts from me. Well my oldest GD had my 1st GGD 11/2008 then gave me twins 9/09 so that was 3 quilts that needed to be made by Christmas. no problem. Then my oldest daughter called crying because she lost a bunch of her stuff from a storage unit including quilts I had made for her and my 3th GD so that was 2 more quilts that I added to the list. Then boyfriend said it sure would be nice if I could make quilts for his 3 lil GK's...ya surrrreee no problem...ya right....lol My oldest GD had already requested that I finish a blk and white quilt that I started ages ago for her. So a total of 9 assorted size quilts are finished and ready for shipping. Yes due to cost of shipping & being on limited funds they might be a tad late but they will get them and thats whats important.
    I promised myself I will not do this to myself next yr. ya ya ya!!!
    Here's a toast that you get all you want done and not stress over what you don't get done.
    Happy Holidays!!!
    dee
    Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Well, thursday I decided that I would make aprons for my 3 daughters, my sons current girlfriend and his ex girlfriend (who is like a daughter) I got 2 done Friday, got 3 done Saturday, then decided to make myself one and since my Husbands family is going to be here for Christmas I think that i am going to make 3 more for my MIL, SIL and BIL's wife. I have 3 half done, with 2 more to even cut out. I think I need to get sewing.

I'm also thinking of making some hot pads as well with the scraps.
    Crazy, I know!!
    Of course that's IF I get them all done. Finished the 3 half done last night and got the last 2, well maybe a 3rd, cut out. Will have to wait to sew on it until later tonight, my daughters and Son's girl will be here baking Christmas cookies this afternoon. If I had them all done I could present them now.... but...

Wow, what a cool picture that would be, everyone together with their aprons on! Great work...
    Old 12-21-2009, 10:04 AM

Edie so sorry to hear about your store closing. I love living in a small town but one huge adjustment has been traveling to purchase fabric. We have wal-mart and most of the time that works-if they ever disconiute the fabric dept I will scream. We also have Ace hardware that carries fabric but very pricey. So now I have learned to just make a day of going to the next big town to shop for my addictions-I treat myself to lunch and just enjoy the day. Some of my family lives in las vegas which is 3 hrs away and I never can go for a visit w/o stopping in Hancocks. Those of us w/ fabric addictions do find creative ways to feed the addictions. he he
    Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 AM

I made quilts for two nephews this year: I finished Noah's guitar quilt this weekend and I have Frank's "Canada" quilt done too. Paul has to wait for his cosy winter weight quilt until after the holidays.

It is strange... I keep thinking I should be in the sewing room ... BUT I AM DONE for 2009!!!!
    Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 AM

I am finished with my big items. But I still have to quilt and bind four table runners; make a set of oven mitts, a pillow, and two fleece sweaters for my dogs (a chihuahua and a boston terrier). And I might make a small fleece blanket for my cat so that she will stop laying on the projects that I am working on.
    Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 AM

Magnolia let me know if making kitty her own quilt works...it hasn't for me so far...lol
    Its taken a couple hrs for it to sink in that I am done w/ the sewing projects...now to start on the baking that I will be taking w/ me on my trip on thursday.
    I did get the outdr decor up, very lil inside as its just me here this yr. The cards all got out on time, yes even remembered the mail man.
    Had to cancel the hair & nail appointments..oh well there is always next week to look beautiful..lol
    Old 12-21-2009, 04:24 PM
    Bev

I have ONE LABEL left to put on and I'll be finished!! I never thought I'd see the light at the end of the tunnel. Tomorrow -- on to the housecleaning and baking of pies. Boy am I tired! 8-)
    Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 PM

Today's update: Mom's wallhanging-DONE...shopping-Done...bought Uncle blanket(he wouldn't appreciate a handmade one anyhow)...did most of grocery shopping...have 2 types of cookies made.....
    Old 12-21-2009, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Today's update: Mom's wallhanging-DONE...shopping-Done...bought Uncle blanket(he wouldn't appreciate a handmade one anyhow)...did most of grocery shopping...have 2 types of cookies made.....
    I gave in and bought gift cards and got cash for others. I did make several quilts too. Now I am through with Christmas until about next summer.
    Happy holidays to your and the forum group.