Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Struggling With Motivation to Quilt >
  • Struggling With Motivation to Quilt

• Struggling With Motivation to Quilt

Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 PM

What a heartache! And you wonder why you aren't motivated to quilt! All your creative energy is going into feelings, problem solving and healing for dour daughter, grands and yourself!! It is a terrible wound to know your loved ones have been abused and traumatized. Get as much rest and sleep as you can, keep the 4yo on your lap as much as he'll stay there. The quilt urge will come back when the healing is in process. Many many blessings and much love and prayer to you all, you'll pull through
    Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 AM

I know the feeling. We moved my daughter and grandson who is now 13 months old back up to Alaska and they live with us. She is working and grandson goes to daycare, but once I get off I have him until she gets off and then trying to get stuff done in the house doesn't leave much time for quilting.

But it has come to the point for me that I need to sit down and take time for myself and just do it. Sometimes the taking care of me becomes important. Take that hour or so after they go to bed to make time for yourself. Its worth it.
    Old 07-26-2012, 05:47 AM

Love on those grands. Life must be really unsettled for them right now with all the changes. Reading provides a nice escape when our minds need it. Your daughter is lucky to have you. I used to work for CPS and those kids really, really need you right now. The damage he has done will last a long, long time and they need stability as you well know. God bless your family. Court time is very draining and you will need strength.