Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Tackle Box as a Kit >
  • Tackle Box as a Kit

• Tackle Box as a Kit

Old 04-04-2014, 05:48 AM

I have three tackle boxes...different sizes...they all have life out tops and one has compartments on top as well as a lift-out inside. I use them for my jewelry making, my sewing needles, cutter blades, etc., my painting supplies, etc. They are one of the best ideas for keeping things together I have had, plus the handles to carry. Get them on sale at hardware stores, Joann's. etc.
    Old 04-04-2014, 06:42 AM

My tackle box is for my sewing supplies. As I seem to have a lot more items to take for sewing garments. It is easy to locate among all the quilting things I have.

I use a almost largish see through cosmetic carry all for my quilting supplies. It holds all but my rulers.
    Old 04-04-2014, 06:44 AM

tool box on wheels with a top part that has large and small compartment with locking lids. in the botton you can put your larger prices of fabric, or you lunch and not have some many thing to care in for the group meeting.
    Old 04-04-2014, 07:25 AM

I bought this box at Joann's. It is made by CREATIVE OPTIONS. It works just like a tackle box. It was the best quilting purchase I've ever made! It holds everything I might need when I'm away. So I set it next to my machine at home, and when I go elsewhere I just close it and go, without worrying that I forgot something. My quilting buddy liked it so much, she bought one of her own, and she LOVES it! You won't regret it!
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 04-04-2014, 07:42 AM

I use a Plano tackle box from Bass Pro Shop. I lay it flat and the clear top lid unsnaps. The bottom is green and it unsnaps also. I have marking pens, pencils, pens, presser feet, bobbins and bobbin thread, rippers, small folded bags for threads while at class, roll of scotch tape for the bag, extra pins, etc in the top. The bottom has different scissors, pin cushion with pins, rotary cutter, magnification glasses in a glass case, etc. You can unsnap one and leave the other one snapped and open them as needed. Have tried many different kinds and this works for me. It holds everything I need and probably more.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]470055[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470058[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  
    Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
    Power Poster

FANTASTIC!! I'm glad to see that I am not the only one thinking in this direction. I will check out these other models before I decide on which one is best for me. Thanks so much for all the terrific comments.
    Old 04-05-2014, 02:38 AM

I prefer tool boxes, they offer more size options for scissors, rotary cutters, extra needles, thread, etc. I find keeping it on the table or chair next to me is very convenient.
    Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 AM

I have two tackle boxes. Brand name Magnum. Two sided, lots of adjustable compartments. I have my embroidery thread in them sorted by number (I have all the DMC thread up to approx. year 2000. Haven't kept up with new colors since then. I also have some clear two sided boxes from the sports section of Wal Mart that I keep thread in. They snap together and are must less expensive than the boxes from a quilting store/site.
    Old 04-05-2014, 07:19 AM
    Power Poster

I use a tackle box my DH gave me years ago--no lift out drawers, just folds back--it is great for storage !
    Old 04-05-2014, 07:37 AM

I bought a tackle box thinking it was a good idea, but I found that its compartments weren't right for my needs. I'm back to the aluminum cookie cans. The tackle box sits pretty much empty. I'm hoping to some day use it for fishing! LOL.

I also bought one of those screw bins, with the little plastic drawers? Well, wonder of wonders, it gathers dusts inside of the drawers. I still put things into it, but I have slowly moved many of them to plastic bags inside -- you guessed it -- another cookie can.