Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Tension troubles >
  • Tension troubles

• Tension troubles

Old 02-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Can somebody please help me? I have a Janome 6019 machine. I am trying to do some straight piecing and my tension is driving me crazy!

I have tried all the regular tricks. I rethreaded the machine, top and bottom, with the presser foot up. I cleaned out underneath the bobbin where it was full of lint. I changed my needle. I tried adjusting the tension wheel. I tried using a larger thread to clean between the tension disks on the top of the machine. Nothing is helping! My top stitches are still showing through on the bottom and making 'eyelashes.' I have always been able to fix it when is has done this in the past but I'm getting very frustrated that nothing seems to be working this time.
    Old 02-09-2011, 03:13 PM

eyelashes on the bottom is too loose top tension.. tighten the top tension or loosen the bobbin.
    Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 PM

i agree that is what the problem is but i have a janome 6000 and have been having the same problem no matter what i do with the tension i havent found a solutuion
    Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 AM

Are you free motion quilting? If so the problem is your hands are going too fast or slow for the machine. That is if your doing FMQ.
    Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by beaniekins
    Can somebody please help me? I have a Janome 6019 machine. I am trying to do some straight piecing and my tension is driving me crazy!

I have tried all the regular tricks. I rethreaded the machine, top and bottom, with the presser foot up. I cleaned out underneath the bobbin where it was full of lint. I changed my needle. I tried adjusting the tension wheel. I tried using a larger thread to clean between the tension disks on the top of the machine. Nothing is helping! My top stitches are still showing through on the bottom and making 'eyelashes.' I have always been able to fix it when is has done this in the past but I'm getting very frustrated that nothing seems to be working this time.
    Have you found a solution to this problem, yet? I'm getting "eyelashes" on the bottom, too. I've adjusted both top tension and bobbin tension and nothing seems to help. When I sew a line of stitches it can vary between a decent bottom stitch and then some "eyelashes", decent stitches, and them more "eyelashes", etc.