Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Is there a pill for this? >
  • Is there a pill for this?

• Is there a pill for this?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Happens to me all the time . Did anybody else ever see the quilt in the tile floor of the McD's restroom? I do.
    But, I'm allergic to chocolate !! Hubby doesn't cook.

Originally Posted by klgreene
    The other night my DH made a pizza, which he does far to often. He cooks, I clean up. Works great. But while I was washing the pizza cutter, the only thing that came to mind was...oh my goodness I wonder how this would work cutting material. I didn't ofcourse, but the brain is only working one way right now. Then the other night was watching Christmas at Rockefeller center. It was really nice, but when the program ended and the peacock showed up...all I could think about was, on my goodness it's 1/2 Dresden plate. Then just a few minutes ago Wendy's Quilts a member here posted a picture of her puppy wearing his new "coat of many colors" then that made me think....Oh my goodness does Dolly Parton still have her coat of many colors she sang about, and would she now understand just how lucky she was.

I think I really need a pill.....or maybe just chocolate.
    Old 12-03-2010, 09:27 PM
    Power Poster

:lol: Eat the chocolate, it lasts longer.
    Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Go for the chocolate, Luv... chocolate makes everything better, always! :) I'm sure your mother and your grandmother, and your great-grandmother would tell you the same thing. Konstantin recently listed a bunch of things we can use for quillting tools - did anyone notice if he mentioned pizza cutters?
    Old 12-03-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
    Well, I must have it too, because I saw a foldy origami airplane pattern and used it to make a quilt block!
    Whaaaat? And you didn't post a tutorial for us? <G>
    Old 12-03-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I can relate.. I walk in to a room and see the patterns on the tile or carpet and imagine a quilt block.. :oops:
    Same here!

And regards to the chocolate... make it dark chocolate...then you can say it's medicinal! lol!

:lol:
    Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by lillybeck
    I peresonally think we are blessed to be able to think outside the box. My thinking is not always quilts because I am a retired preschool teacher but I always look at things different than others do whether it is material or paint rollers. I was lokking for a green paint roller at Lowes once and the gentleman finally siad very politely "Mam, you can paint with any color of roller it does not have to be a certain color."lol
    Of course I told him it had to be green if you were making a caterpillar out of it.
    Obviously, the poor fellow was imagination-challenged. He needs a piece of chocolate, big-time!
    Old 12-04-2010, 12:26 AM

HIGHLY contagious! (smile)
    Old 12-04-2010, 03:18 AM

You Ladies Are A Hoot! That is what the affliction is called "Quilitis" & never can get enough of that bitterswt choc. or those colorful M & M s.
    Old 12-04-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
    The other night my DH made a pizza, which he does far to often. He cooks, I clean up. Works great. But while I was washing the pizza cutter, the only thing that came to mind was...oh my goodness I wonder how this would work cutting material. I didn't ofcourse, but the brain is only working one way right now. Then the other night was watching Christmas at Rockefeller center. It was really nice, but when the program ended and the peacock showed up...all I could think about was, on my goodness it's 1/2 Dresden plate. Then just a few minutes ago Wendy's Quilts a member here posted a picture of her puppy wearing his new "coat of many colors" then that made me think....Oh my goodness does Dolly Parton still have her coat of many colors she sang about, and would she now understand just how lucky she was.

I think I really need a pill.....or maybe just chocolate.
    You're not alone, Dear. I see "quilt blocks" everywhere I go.
    My most memorable quilt block is on the marble floor of the church at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Alabama.
    While sitting in silence I just couldn't help but sketch a pattern for one of the blocks.
    :oops:

I'll get two birds with one stone: I just have to comment on Lillybeck's story of the green paint roller. I'm thinking those Lowes people must really think some of us are "touched in the head." I'm always in there looking for things to use in my cake decorating, whether it is a special wire to use to mount "floating" stars, or PAINT ROLLERS to smooth icing, or foam insulation to form designs in icing.

Kinda like the run on blades for the rotary cutter at Harbor Freight. :lol:
    Old 12-04-2010, 08:28 AM

I do this when I am out shopping and see a window display or a painting or just tile on the floor and wallpaper patterns. We have an illness and I hope they never come up with a pill, it would kill my imagination and ruin all my fun. You go girl!!