Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Thread >
  • Thread

• Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 AM

One thing to remember is different thread for different functions. Also thread comes in different weights for differnt functions. And to further confuse you they are made with different products, cotton, polyester, rayon and silk.
    May I suggest you go to www.superiorthread.com for information and an education. they have videos and pages and pages of information regarding thread, kinds, weights and property....it is a real eye opening experience.
    I personally really like their thread, and and slowly buying a spool here and a spool there....Love their King Tut Quilting thread, which I use on my Older Bernina machine when I quilt. The other thread I like is their "So Fine 50 wt" which is very fine and very strong, that is all that I use anymore for piecing, IMHO the fine thread reduces the bulk of the seams......and that is my two cents on the subject ....
    Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Thank you all so much for your help on thread. I have tried going to the Superior Thread company and it shuts my IE down. I will try and open it in Google. I guess my best bet is to try it out and then I will know. Thanks all so very much.

Ladibug
    Old 09-25-2012, 04:15 PM
    Power Poster

E-mail or call Connecting threads and ask what size needle they would use with this thread in a home machine. They have a great selection and will point you in the right direction. I just bought some of the essentials for long arm quilting and haven't tried it yet. They also have a great selection for home machines. This is a very nice company and will be helpful to you.
    peace

EDIT: I also like Superior Thread for LAM. King-Tut is great.

Deborahlees has good info, what she said!

For piecing quilts I like Aurifil. A fine but strong thread. I do admit to using anything I have on hand for piecing as long as it is cotton.

Last edited by ube quilting; 09-25-2012 at 04:28 PM.