Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Tip of the day! >
  • Tip of the day!

• Tip of the day!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 AM

Singing and humming! what a wonderful idea! Maybe the problem is my choice of radio and TV.. I listen to Rush Limbaugh and Fox News alot while I quilt.....I know....But thats how I keep up on current events and get things done.
    Old 07-28-2012, 11:33 AM

I put music on--something calm and soothing. It really does help.
    Old 07-28-2012, 11:47 AM

I recommend wine. Whenever I am doing FMQ and find that I am not breathing and my shoulders are scrunched into my ears, I discover that I need to be drinking a little more wine. There is a fine line between too much and too little, but if you are careful wine can make you relax just enough
    Old 07-28-2012, 12:45 PM

Oh, Leah! You had me in stitches! lol I love a good laugh and must say I needed that. I just stepped away from my tangle of threads and a machine that some crazy person put the program buttons on just below my right arm, and I've spent much of today tearing out stitches in my quilting! I may NEVER get this quilt done, but will heed your warning and not try micro stippling. I HAVE been thinking of trying pebbling, after watching...OH, NO...a youtube video! LOL
    Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by sew4nin
    I recommend wine. Whenever I am doing FMQ and find that I am not breathing and my shoulders are scrunched into my ears, I discover that I need to be drinking a little more wine. There is a fine line between too much and too little, but if you are careful wine can make you relax just enough
    Oh Lassie just a wee bit of Irish Coffee from time to time, keeps the aching out of me bones! Lately its been just a wee bit to warm here for coffee so this lassie has been stone cold sober, but since your suggesting I might as well!
    Old 07-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Helen S
    Oh, Leah! You had me in stitches! lol I love a good laugh and must say I needed that. I just stepped away from my tangle of threads and a machine that some crazy person put the program buttons on just below my right arm, and I've spent much of today tearing out stitches in my quilting! I may NEVER get this quilt done, but will heed your warning and not try micro stippling. I HAVE been thinking of trying pebbling, after watching...OH, NO...a youtube video! LOL
    Well I'm right there with ya, with my ripper in hand. I've been working on piecing today and its been one of those days where you lay it out and something happens between the layout and stitching...It may be that I took Sew4nin advice...LOL Glad I could make you laugh!
    Old 07-28-2012, 03:50 PM

In a word.....wine!
    Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 PM

I was just going thru some of my books tonight to get some new ideas when I read the tip about singing or humming to keep from tensing up. Now I will have to send everyone outside so they don't lay down and laugh themselves silly because of my singing. I am so bad I know that music lessons won't even help me.
    Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 PM

Ha! I was going to recommend a little Bailey's in your coffee.... but the wine sounds much better!! I guess glass should be not too big or the microstipling could become macrostipling and that would not be good....
    Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 AM

Ditto!!! Wine works that way with a lot of things - when you work out that fine line between too little and too much. Just kind of smooths things over!