Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Tip on replacing a piece >
  • Tip on replacing a piece

• Tip on replacing a piece

Old 02-18-2019, 09:52 PM

Default Tip on replacing a piece

I read this tip this morning and I just used it. I was turning the points on a hex quilt and the #11 Clover bamboo knitting needle I was using to poke the points out went right through the fabric. (Its an old quilt I'm rehabbing, so this is a little scary, but too late now!) The edge was already sewn to the batting and backing, and I didn't want the problem of catching the batting in the seam when I replaced the hexie, and I suddenly remembered Debby Kratovil's "Patch of Shame." You cut out the patch along the seamline, remove the inside then the seam allowance. She uses sharp scissors, I used my trusty supersharp Clover seam ripper. Absolutely brilliant. Here's the quote from https://blog.shopmartingale.com/quil...erfect-points/

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-19-2019 at 04:11 AM. Reason: remove copyright text, poster did provide link
    Old 02-19-2019, 05:37 AM

Hmmmm... I shall remember that the next time I screw up paper piecing. I have always 'unsewed' one stitch at a time and often the paper is the worse for wear by the time I am ready to sew on the new fabric. Thank you for sharing a very informative article.