Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks >
  • Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

• Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 PM

Here are some of my blocks. Also the fabric the blocks come from.

CIMG0080
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9139[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-9139.jpe  
    Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Oh oh, there is another photo, I suppose, I messed up somewhere as I see it did not show up. I'll resend a little later.
    Obie
    Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM

Mimi...what is the one patch of fabric you have covering over your blocks? I don't understand...
    Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by DeniseB
    BKinCo

your blocks are beautiful. good job.
    When I showed hubby the fabric you were using, and your first blocks, he seemed very much to enjoy the sight, and was properly amazed at how the fabric went to the hexagons ... I had showed him a number of all the previous samples, but he seemed to really got it when he saw your fabric and samples.
    Having said all of that, he is working late tonight, but I had totally forgotten how your quilt started out, and I am just AMAZED! and, you had fun doing it! It doesn't get much better than that, does it? <wave> :thumbup:
    Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
    I will try it and take another picture. I'm thinking I may be moving it a lot. :roll:
    I see the blue sunflower you were creating by the blue solid fabric ... there again, as CB showed, you have a number of places you can set those pieces to make it absolutely look as though you planned it. Considering how much you are learning, I think you may be well-pleased with the end product ... sometimes, we are real hard on ourselves as we are learning new things ...
    You must like blue as much as I do ... would you consider collecting some more pieces of blue fabric and putting them throughout the quilt? ...
    I am probably not helping, but I really want to encourage you to keep working at it ... It has distinct possibilities! <wave>
    Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
    Power Poster

There was a momment when Sharon wasn't counting up to 6 so she was one piece short for her blocks. So that is the replacement.
    Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
    There was a momment when Sharon wasn't counting up to 6 so she was one piece short for her blocks. So that is the replacement.
    EXACTLY! I only learned to count to five.

Actually think I may have had the selvedge doubled where I counted but lesson learned, lay them all out one by one. I've tried to rectify it by using a complimentary fabric, but think I may end up cutting the other half and using none of the purple to tie the stripes together. I'm just not liking the placements anyway I do them. I'll have more than enough blocks to do the other half and still have the purple to match the stripe to bind it. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OK, I give up! Not going to use the blocks in this one, with the purple. I'll have enough to make a lap quilt with those for the lady veterans. I'll only use the blocks that have the blue blue flowers and stripes.

BOY HOWDY, I've learned a good lesson on this one, Cute!

Hugs

picture of blue and stripes in the morning. I've HAD it this day and the power is flickering.
    Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by omak
    Originally Posted by mimisharon
    I will try it and take another picture. I'm thinking I may be moving it a lot. :roll:
    I see the blue sunflower you were creating by the blue solid fabric ... there again, as CB showed, you have a number of places you can set those pieces to make it absolutely look as though you planned it. Considering how much you are learning, I think you may be well-pleased with the end product ... sometimes, we are real hard on ourselves as we are learning new things ...
    You must like blue as much as I do ... would you consider collecting some more pieces of blue fabric and putting them throughout the quilt? ...
    I am probably not helping, but I really want to encourage you to keep working at it ... It has distinct possibilities! <wave>
    Omak, you are helping. If I can go outside (no rain, snow, or wind) tomorrow I'll try to get better pictures of the real fabric. It looks a little different. I'm just not pleased but think I can fix it if I go ahead and cut the other half of the fabric and use the ones with the inserted solid color on a lappie.

Thanks and Hugs
    Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Mimi--

Could you save the ones that only have 5 pieces and use half of them (so the 3 piece sides), to maybe fill in the edges on the sides of the quilt to make the whole thing rectangle? If you cut the other half of your fabric to fill in the middle with, you might still be able to at least use the good half of these 5 piece ones to make the edges straight.... I hope I am making myself clear! It'd be a shame to waste those ones completely!!

Rachel
    Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Thanks, Rachel, they won't go to waste I promise. I will use them. Good idea about the half....will have to see how our instructor has us working it all up in the end.

Love ya, Cute, I'll figure this out and maybe find another blue fabric I like just right!

Hugs y'all