Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks >
  • Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

• Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

Old 02-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Have 10 strips cut, and first strip cut into triangles ready to sew. Will post pics in the morning. My fabric has a black background, so it's really driving my eyes crazy without any natural light!! DD came into sewing room and got in on the fun of previewing them - OH MY!! I think I've created a monster!! She made me promise that I would ONLY sew what was cut tonight and would ONLY cut the rest so she can help preview!! DH asked if I was giving this one away and her comment was: "WE are keeping it". Get that? WE not me!! lol
    Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM

Way to go, PQ. Are you going to share your stash with her, too? :lol: Let's teach them while they want to learn.

Hugs
    Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM
    Power Poster

That is awesome that she is hooked. You can snag her when it is time to lay them out as well. That is always a joyful experience! Sharon. Way to go with the possitive attitude! I think that it will stupendous when you are done playing with it all!
    Old 02-10-2010, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Mimi--

Could you save the ones that only have 5 pieces and use half of them (so the 3 piece sides), to maybe fill in the edges on the sides of the quilt to make the whole thing rectangle? If you cut the other half of your fabric to fill in the middle with, you might still be able to at least use the good half of these 5 piece ones to make the edges straight.... I hope I am making myself clear! It'd be a shame to waste those ones completely!!

Rachel
    Mimi, you could also use them to spill over into a solid border like we have seen here before. Your colors are just gorgeous and I just know you will work it out. Also, it looks like you might have a couple of pieces sewn in wrong on that lower left block. Or am I just seeing things here. I have been looking at so many beautiful pictures here, it's easy to get confused.

I have 52 little piles of triangles cut for my fall OBW, I'm hoping to get some sewing done tomorrow and join you all soon.
    Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
    it is okay if you don't want to try more than one block at a time for the time being, though I will warn it is a lot faster, my mom after helping me with the last one I did is still on with one block and auditioning more of them, some days you have to do it the way it works for you, when you are more comfy you may give it a try, you use less thread chaining them as well,
    When I have cut the pieces out I audition them reight then to see how I want the blick to look. Then I pin the unit together with the pin in the corner of the pieces that will ultimately be in the center. then I can just chain piece to my hearts content.
    Old 02-11-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by juneeloonee
    it is okay if you don't want to try more than one block at a time for the time being, though I will warn it is a lot faster, my mom after helping me with the last one I did is still on with one block and auditioning more of them, some days you have to do it the way it works for you, when you are more comfy you may give it a try, you use less thread chaining them as well,
    When I have cut the pieces out I audition them reight then to see how I want the blick to look. Then I pin the unit together with the pin in the corner of the pieces that will ultimately be in the center. then I can just chain piece to my hearts content.
    I better read what I have typed from now on to correct my typos! reight and blick????
    Old 02-11-2010, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by bailey
    Here are a few of my blocks. Probably won't get a chance again until the weekend but I just couldn't wait. All the blocks are looking so good and everyones are so different. It will be so exciting to see all these quilts come together!
    Beautiful choice of fabric! Great blocks. Keep up the good work!
    Old 02-11-2010, 05:07 AM

I love your arrangement how it flows from red to green Awesome!
    Old 02-11-2010, 06:13 AM

CB - I just stopped in to peek at everyone's progress....MARELOUS!!! I'll be catching up during the week as my mum had a knee replacement and we've been at the hospital most of the time since Tuesday. I'm so anxious to get this put together because I know I'll be amazed at the end result. What a great project; I'm so glad you're sharing your talents :)....thanks so much.
    SharonC
    Old 02-11-2010, 06:24 AM

What if you put them something like this?
    After your suggestions Cute, I tried again. I have dreamed of another idea I'm gonna try but here are my third attempt from last night

The purple insert as you suggested, not bad
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5966[/ATTACH]

without any of the purple inserts
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5967[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-5966.jpe   attachment-5967.jpe