• Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks >
  • Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

• Tip toe through hexagons Cutie style, assembling blocks

Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
    Power Poster

WOW!!! Look at you two go!!! :D:D:D
    Old 02-08-2010, 01:43 PM
    Banned

OOoohh they are all so pretty! I've started sewing mine together (well, half together ;)) as well!!
    Old 02-08-2010, 01:44 PM

Just playing around
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-15159.jpe  
    Old 02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
    Power Poster

Oooo that is very pretty :D:D:D

The pieces of these blocks are waaaay toooo much fun to play with LMBO I have been swithching some of them around....
    I can't wait to get them up on a design wall too :D:D:D
    Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 PM

I have big giant snow flakes falling............in Oklahoma not a norm, so all i can do is play and I have chickey babies hatching out. Dh wants to put them in my sewing room....................NOT gonna happen
    Old 02-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Hey, Krazy4, When we built our house, I had a room especially designed for my sewing. Heaven! Closet for storing and lots of drawers under the sewing counter for stuff. It lasted six months. Then my DH moved in his CB radio equipment cause that's where the phone was.

Took me 45 years to finally get my own room all to myself with a sign on the door that said, "Nothing comes in here that doesn't need to be sewn on penalty of death!"
    Old 02-08-2010, 04:20 PM

Cutebuns, What do I do if the center of the block has a hole due to the square tip of my ruler?? I want to use that as my center in one of my blocks.

Thanks, Kyia.
    Old 02-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by mar32428
    Hey, Krazy4, When we built our house, I had a room especially designed for my sewing. Heaven! Closet for storing and lots of drawers under the sewing counter for stuff. It lasted six months. Then my DH moved in his CB radio equipment cause that's where the phone was.

Took me 45 years to finally get my own room all to myself with a sign on the door that said, "Nothing comes in here that doesn't need to be sewn on penalty of death!"
    I promise there will be a penalty of death if a chick comes into my sewing room..............I have had this room for 3 years (not sewing) and 2 daughters have moved back in and back out ( they STILL can not get along well with others ((mom)). So now the 2nd and 3rd bedroom have been removed. 2nd bedroom a very large closet space is now an extension to the living room and the 3rd bedroom, the best view in the entire house is now "my room", If i could put a bed in here I would sleep in here, ( he snores, I don't)
    Old 02-08-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by krazy4quilts
    Originally Posted by mar32428

I promise there will be a penalty of death if a chick comes into my sewing room..............I have had this room for 3 years (not sewing) and 2 daughters have moved back in and back out ( they STILL can not get along well with others ((mom)). So now the 2nd and 3rd bedroom have been removed. 2nd bedroom a very large closet space is now an extension to the living room and the 3rd bedroom, the best view in the entire house is now "my room", If i could put a bed in here I would sleep in here, ( he snores, I don't)
    :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: There are nose strips for the snoring. They work pretty good, too. I always used an elbow to the ribs to stop that noise.

Gosh, haven't had to take care of chicks in 50 years but when I read that I heard them in our living room (no carpet in those days) next to the wood stove. Mom or Dad would get up in the nights and put more logs in to keep those chicks warm. Thanks for that memory jog. :thumbup:

Your blocks are looking really good. I'll get some pics later, want to get more of them sewn and praying I don't have to unsew to many more. Ripit is gonna be my new name soon. :hunf:
    Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM

my neighbor showed me how to make a bassinet for the chicks. Of course, the floor we kept them on is concrete, so if the newspaper didn't hold up under them, no harm, though LOTS of fowl! LOL <wave>