Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER >
  • TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER

• TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER

Old 04-01-2011, 12:31 PM

I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yest. & my printer would not copy. I tried with sev. other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
    (Now it's printing off numerous baked stuffed mushrooms recipes I tried to get last night. Anybody need a recipe)? LOL
    Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
    I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yest. & my printer would not copy. I tried with sev. other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
    (Now it's printing off numerous baked stuffed mushrooms recipes I tried to get last night. Anybody need a recipe)? LOL
    go to control board on comp. and pull up printer and cancel that way
    Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Quickly go to Start, Control panel, Printer, choose your printer and click Printer at the top left of the bar. You can choose cancel there. It doesn't take long to get there and it will stop after that page is completed.
    Old 04-01-2011, 12:52 PM

sometimes they have a mind of their own, lol..
    Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 PM

My printer queue hangs up sometimes, especially if I'm printing PDF files. It gets so bad that the only way I can get it to empty the queue after cancelling the print job is to shut it off for HOURS! Mine is an HP all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax. More hassle than it's worth some days.
    Old 04-01-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Quickly go to Start, Control panel, Printer, choose your printer and click Printer at the top left of the bar. You can choose cancel there. It doesn't take long to get there and it will stop after that page is completed.
    Boy, do I feel dumb. I used to do that but had completely forgotten it. Thanks so much for all of the advice.
    Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Is it a HP mine does that all the time I have no answers because when you bring up the control panel there is nothing there it has already processed them try turning off the printer next time it should stop them from printing.
    Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
    My printer queue hangs up sometimes, especially if I'm printing PDF files. It gets so bad that the only way I can get it to empty the queue after cancelling the print job is to shut it off for HOURS! Mine is an HP all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax. More hassle than it's worth some days.
    Mine is an HP, too, & that's what happened to me. By this morn. it had chgd. its mind & printed everything I had tried to print last night. Just can't figure that out.
    Others have told me how to clear it now though.
    Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
    Originally Posted by katier825
    Mine is an HP, too, & that's what happened to me. By this morn. it had chgd. its mind & printed everything I had tried to print last night. Just can't figure that out.
    Others have told me how to clear it now though.
    When it happens, I try to remember to take out all the paper when I shut it off. Then I am reminded to be sure the print jobs have actually cancelled before I turn it back on. Isn't technology wonderful! LOL
    Old 04-01-2011, 01:24 PM
    cjr

Stack up all those extra copies turn over & print on back side. I have always recycled my copy paper this way. My tiny way of going green.
    I also cut up paper clean on one side to keep at computer for scrap notes.