Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Too many projects and no desire to sew >
  • Too many projects and no desire to sew

• Too many projects and no desire to sew

Old 03-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Smile Too many projects

Sounds like you need a day off. Maybe a "mental health day" or week. How about a spa day??? Too much on your plate, for sure. Take some time to enjoy life - when was the last time you did that" You will be a better person in the long run. If you don't take care of YOU the projects will never get done. Learn to say "No". Take care.
    Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM

Jen: I am in the same boat as you. I have recently moved and am in the process (that won't be finished until Spring) of fixing my permanent place to sew. At the moment I am using the end of my computer desk. I have so many projects and absolutely zero desire to get motivated. We just have to believe that we will get jump started soon.

Charlie
    Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM

I'm in that rut right now myself although I don't have any deadlines to meet. My feed sack quilt and Bargello are just laying there waiting for me to return to them. They just aren't very appealing to me right now. Even tried to do some work on the feed sack quilt but after about 10 minutes I put it down again. This will pass....I hope!!
    Old 03-01-2012, 06:00 PM

When I feel that pressure I go to a completely new project that I really want to start, and then it makes me feel that I am in more control of my sewing. Sounds bad I know but it puts me back where I want to be, in love with quilting!
    Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM

To bad you have so many must do projects. Maybe examine how that happened and force yourself to start with the one that needs doing first - at least a few steps perhaps, just to get started. On big projects I was told by someone wise, to use the swiss cheese method. Meaning, do it a little at a time until, presto, it's finished. It does seem to help to tackle something in steps, little by little. Good luck!
    Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 PM

sometimes you need a break... some times it helps to take a class (either quilting or exercise) to rejeuvinate your mind and body...
    Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 PM

I to have reached a point that I don't feel like sewing, not all together burnout as much as headaches from hell, that I just can't seem to get rid of all day. It's been a week and I haven't done one blessed thing other than cook two meals and take my Mom to the Dr. Hang in there, here's hoping we both get back in the grind.
    Old 03-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Sounds like you need a break. Relax and read a good book. I find that I don't really accomplish anything when I'm not in the mood to sew. After a break, I usually get back my desire to sew.
    Old 03-02-2012, 05:18 AM

Yesterday I decided to say to heck with all the stuff I had to do and made several of the super easy, and super quick casserole carriers and a couple of Santa hat purses. These are projects I always smile while doing and it felt good to do nonsense sewing. I absolutely love the casserole carriers because I can see several in under an hour! Thanks for the support. Today I plan to work on my projects that I must do and I also have an open sew with friends at a local shop that I love so today I'm not dreading my list of projects. :-)
    Old 03-02-2012, 02:05 PM

Glad I don't have any deadlines looming. I too have been off my game in sewing.