Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • too much fabric >
  • too much fabric

• too much fabric

Old 01-23-2010, 02:59 PM

WooHoo ... $2.00 a yard at the LQS! I know that I wouldn't have been happy with just the one piece of fabric and would have had to buy more. You showed great restraint. As to her comment, she knows we quilters buy LOTS of fabric and if the "kidding" tone wasn't in her voice, then it may have sounded sarcastic.
    When I present the bolts at the cutting counter and am asked "how much do you need" my response is "I don't need any ... I JUST WANT IT." That is why I'm Fabriholic.
    Old 01-23-2010, 03:23 PM

It's unbelievable just how much fabric you can accumulate. I was even in a HARDWARE store today and they had fleece $1.99 for a 50" x 70" pieces! Well, guess what ---- i bought about $40 worth LOL
    Old 01-23-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
    Don't judge me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help it if I love fabric. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, maybe it's and addiction. I can stop anytime I want. (OK I can't) You are just one of us. A fabric junkie.
    that's me too.
    Old 01-23-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
    Well, I'm with Patrice on this! I can't believe the employee made that remark!! I would for sure have had some kind of a comeback, if only that my purchases alone are paying her salary, so she should think of me as her best friend!! A comment like that would make me avoid the store, unless the fabric was just too good to miss! But I must confess, that I am at this very moment in the process of moving, and I have at least 8 large bins of fabric! :shock:
    That's not too much, I was talking to a friend the other day, while we were in a fabric shop and she said she was in the process of sorting and folding her fabrics. She mentioned she had 87 bins, (large rubber maid size) in her basement. Now that's a stash!! Must confess, I'm right up there with the best of them!! I figure it's insulating my home whether it's in a finished quilt or in a cupboard. Now if I could only get DH to see it that way!!
    Old 01-23-2010, 04:35 PM

Now That is great reasoning! LOL
    Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 PM

Can I come over and play??? Your stash is wonderful. It is like having your own quilt shop.

Your organization is just great. You must be so inspired everytime you walk in there.
    Old 01-23-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by angelwatcher
    Well, I'm with Patrice on this! I can't believe the employee made that remark!! I would for sure have had some kind of a comeback, if only that my purchases alone are paying her salary, so she should think of me as her best friend!! A comment like that would make me avoid the store, unless the fabric was just too good to miss! But I must confess, that I am at this very moment in the process of moving, and I have at least 8 large bins of fabric! :shock:
    That's not too much, I was talking to a friend the other day, while we were in a fabric shop and she said she was in the process of sorting and folding her fabrics. She mentioned she had 87 bins, (large rubber maid size) in her basement. Now that's a stash!! Must confess, I'm right up there with the best of them!! I figure it's insulating my home whether it's in a finished quilt or in a cupboard. Now if I could only get DH to see it that way!!
    OHG :shock: I need to go shopping. I thought I had a lot in 8 bins :!: I have a lot of catching up to do so my house will be well insulated too :lol:
    Old 01-23-2010, 05:00 PM

WOW!! 87?? You could quilt for years and never run out! I guess that is another way to look at it, if the world came to an end you could quilt for a long time.
    Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 PM

I figure it's insulating my home whether it's in a finished quilt or in a cupboard.
    Too funny!

:lol:
    Old 01-23-2010, 05:12 PM

Misty, HOW do you have that fabric folded, so it stays on the shelf like that; like books at the library..I love the way you have it, but have NO idea how to go about folding it, to make it stand like that......please share with us how you do it....so I can be a copy cat...........4dogs/ Judy