Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • traveling foot pedal >
  • traveling foot pedal

• traveling foot pedal

Old 10-15-2018, 05:04 AM

I have a Martellie non-slip pad for my foot pedal. It seems to do the job better than anything else.
    Old 10-15-2018, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by MsHeirloom
    My husband has made a 1/4" plywood template for the floor under my sewing machine that holds my machine pedal in the correct position. The template is a rectangle with a space cut out of the front for my pedal to slide in exactly where I want it. It's a simple and reliable solution. The back of the plywood goes all the way to the wall so it's impossible for my pedal to slide back. I have another one on my Tiara sit-down quilting machine.
    I'm trying to visualize this. Can you put a picture of this up? I would love to see it for the Tiara.
    Old 10-15-2018, 06:12 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I picked this up at Target today (on sale) and so far so good.
    https://www.target.com/p/mohawk-1-6-...t/-/A-23983958
    Believe me, I will let you know if my pedal starts traveling again!
    Old 10-15-2018, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy
    I have your solution, because I was plagued with this problem, too. First, measure the space all around your footpedal. For me, it was boxed in by the two sides of the desk and the wall (baseboard) at the back. Go to the Dollar Store and buy a cheap floormat/welcome mat that will completely fill that space. They're around a quarter inch to a half inch thick, and kind of rubbery, something you can easily cut. Once you get it home, trim it if it's too big to fit in there, then place your foot pedal in the most comfortable place for your foot to work it when you are seated correctly to sew. Now trace around the foot pedal onto the mat in that spot, cut that section out (I used my rotary cutter, gasp!), making a hole in the mat exactly the size and shape of your foot pedal. Now plop that pedal down into the hole you made for it and sew to your heart's content, never having to chase it around again!
    Love your idea. Bet I could take this to retreats too since they always seem to have slippery tile floors.
    Old 10-15-2018, 06:29 AM

I had the same problem trying to keep the foot pedal in place. Out of sheer frustration one day, I went out to the garage and found a brick. Put it behind the pedal and it's been there for several years now. Works great.
    Old 10-15-2018, 06:39 AM
    Power Poster

I used a bath mat cut to fit under my pedal, the one with the small suction cups. It worked great for slippery laminate flooring.
    Old 10-15-2018, 06:47 AM
    Power Poster

There was an old product called "Pedal Stay". It's a mat that you velcro your pedal to and it really does work. I've had mine for years.
    Old 10-15-2018, 08:11 AM

I sometimes wrap the foot pedal cord around the table leg and that keeps it from escaping so far and it allows me to retrieve it with my feet.
    Old 10-15-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
    I have a Martellie non-slip pad for my foot pedal. It seems to do the job better than anything else.
    This is what I have and it works great.

https://shop.martellinotions.com/no-slip-pads.html
    Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy
    I have your solution, because I was plagued with this problem, too. First, measure the space all around your footpedal. For me, it was boxed in by the two sides of the desk and the wall (baseboard) at the back. Go to the Dollar Store and buy a cheap floormat/welcome mat that will completely fill that space. They're around a quarter inch to a half inch thick, and kind of rubbery, something you can easily cut. Once you get it home, trim it if it's too big to fit in there, then place your foot pedal in the most comfortable place for your foot to work it when you are seated correctly to sew. Now trace around the foot pedal onto the mat in that spot, cut that section out (I used my rotary cutter, gasp!), making a hole in the mat exactly the size and shape of your foot pedal. Now plop that pedal down into the hole you made for it and sew to your heart's content, never having to chase it around again!
    This is amazing and easy! Thank you