Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Tried this and it worked. >
  • Tried this and it worked.

• Tried this and it worked.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Is there a longarm machine that works like it's suppose to without glitches in the machine every time you use it? All the LA's I know are always having problems about the machines messing up and going through hoops before the dealer will even think about really helping. Honestly I don't know one LA dealer in my area that I trust to be of any help if I buy a multi thousand dollar machine from them after seeing how they treat other customers. Getting a company rep from any of them is impossible. I don't think the companies know or care how bad the dealers can be.
    I bought my dealers demo model, a 26" Innova. I have never had a glitch and hit the ground running with this machine. Dealer delivered and setup in my home. Subsequent issues were operator issues, not the machine. One time I thought my stitch regulator was acting up. Called my dealer, he rattled off a few things I should try and wham no more problems. I am more than happy with my Innova and my dealer. I have yet to take advantage of ABM's 24/7/365 customer service but have heard nothing but positive testamonials about ABM. I think we had one QB member have some issues with their dealer but ABM came through with flying colors for her.

But I am surprised at your comment, didn't you post once that you tried a friends LA and got immediately turned off of LA quilting (I think you said the loading process completely turned you off to LA) and have no desire??
    Old 07-11-2012, 06:17 AM

I bought my Gammill Statler from loving stitches in Fayetteville nc and the only tension issuses I have had we're user error or not paying attention.... I have been long arming for 2.5 years and love my machine and my dealer anytime I need a question answered I go to the user group, my dealer or directly to Gammill....
    Old 07-11-2012, 06:50 AM

I also have an older APQS and it is a workhorse. The only problem I have had is that it only likes serger thread. Expensive threads skip.
    Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie LS and love it! My dealer is awesome, he's also my favorite Janome dealer. I just put the Quilt Magician on it this past weekend and live it even more!

Most of the problems I had were user error. I joined the yahoo group and asked other quilters questions, too.