Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Trip to Joanns!!!!! >
  • Trip to Joanns!!!!!

• Trip to Joanns!!!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:17 PM

Had to get up early and get to Joanns due to their huge sale. Spent $119.28 and saved $119.25 plus got two free $10.00 gift cards good for next week.....and they have a big sale then, too.
    Their remnants are 70% off.....almost every fabric in the store is on sale including their batting. Used my VIP Joanns card and got another 10% off the bottom total. Now I can get started on another project....lapquilt for me! Everyone else has something and figured it was my time. :lol: :thumbup:
    Old 01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
    np3
    Power Poster

What is a VIP Joanns card?
    Old 01-16-2011, 12:23 PM

Congradulations! I have been trying REALLY hard NOT to go-I spent too much there in November/December!! Joann's gets a bad rap from some people, but I shop their sales carefully, always making use of coupons (plus my VIP card) and sales-especially when they have the "10 or 20% off the entire sale" coupons! I get such a "buzz" from savings like that!! Can you post a pic of what you got??? Happy Quilting!!
    Old 01-16-2011, 12:32 PM

Since I have an AQS membership, you can get a VIP discount card from them to use at Joanns. It saves you 10%. My mom is a retired teacher and she says she can get a 15% discount card from them and it's free.
    Old 01-16-2011, 12:42 PM

I agree.....I have never had a problem at Joann's. The store manager even knows my name! How good is that! :D
    Old 01-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Last time I shopped there I had a 40% off coupon and a 10% off entire order. I was told I could only use one or the other. I thought someone on here said you could use both of those coupons at one time?
    Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle
    Last time I shopped there I had a 40% off coupon and a 10% off entire order. I was told I could only use one or the other. I thought someone on here said you could use both of those coupons at one time?
    Usually the 10% off is good on all the sale stuff (where you would not be able to use coupons) and you would have to use the 40% or 50% coupon on a NON-sale item. If you have the VIP card, you get the extra 10% off items NOT discounted with a coupon, but do get it on any sale item. I guess you just have to "play the game" with them to get the maximum discount. I find it a challenge-but ALWAYS read dates, terms etc so you aren't taken by surprize at the cashier. I think they make it confusing so catch people out-and take advantage of those who just don't pay attention when it is rung in!!
    Old 01-16-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by np3
    You can go to Joann's.com and sign up for a 10% off purchase card. I'm with Project Linus and that is how we qualified for the card. Takes about 3-4 weeks to get one but it is worth it. I also went Joann's, got three queen size quilt batts, 3 fusible bias tape rolls, one book, lots of remnants, etc, spent $166, but saved $177. The 10% saved $13 so it paid for my gingher nippers that were on sale for 40%. I ended up with 3-$10 cards to use January 23-30.
    Old 01-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by np3
    I got mine when I became a charter member of QCA-it has paid for the membership and then some! You can't use it on everything, mind you-only stuff you DO NOT use a coupon on.
    Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    Originally Posted by np3
    I got mine when I became a charter member of QCA-it has paid for the membership and then some! You can't use it on everything, mind you-only stuff you DO NOT use a coupon on.
    AND when there is a sale of say, 50% off, and you cannot use a coupon, you pull out your 10% VIP card and they give you the additional discount....making it 60% off.