Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas? >
  • Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

• Triplet baby girls' quilts? Any ideas?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:52 PM
    Power Poster

Thank you for posting the pictures. I really like the lime, yellow and turquoise. Now to find the fabrics.

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams
    Oh, how sweet. I can't even begin to imagine how much fun triplet girls will be. Wow!

I think lime yellow, green and light turquoise are beautiful accents. Here is a flannel quilt I put together with these colors included.
    Old 04-18-2014, 02:56 PM

This sounds just perfect for your babies especially using the same pattern but one in each colorway Congratulations!
    Originally Posted by Doggramma
    I just got some Riley Blake fat quarters. They're florals and dots, one set in turquoises, one set in raspberries, and one set in a golden yellow color. They go well with white, gray and black. It would be cute to do each quilt in one of the colorways.
    Old 04-18-2014, 02:59 PM
    Power Poster

I know what you are saying. What the parents want so I am going for what pleases my DD and she likes bright and modern. They'll have very few matched items as my DD can't afford anything and the babies will use what ever others let them use. I do not think she wants matching everything anyways.

Originally Posted by Sewnoma
    Personally, I dislike super matchy-matchy stuff for twins (or triplets) - probably mostly because I had friends who were identical twins and they absolutely HATED how most of their stuff matched or coordinated, since they were very different individuals. And even though my sister & I are 5 years apart, I never liked it when we got matching stuff either. We actually would get matching quilts from our grandma every few years and those were my least favorite. I much preferred something that was unique and was for ME specifically as an individual, not "oh I need two of these".

Infants aren't going to know or care, obviously, and it's going to be awhile before their personalities start to really show you who would like what, but for me, I'd make them drastically different. If I were a parent of twins or triplets I might like matchy stuff more though, and at this age you're making the quilts more for mom & dad than for the girls, I think.

Wow. No help from me, huh? LOL
    Old 04-18-2014, 02:59 PM

I'm going to suggest a super easy pattern (rail fence) but using different colors in each quilt. Perhaps keeping one color the same to unify them, but otherwise go with coordinating-but-interesting colors. I'm suggesting rail fence because it has a three bar pattern (for the triplets), is dead easy, and can be very modern looking if you choose modern fabrics. I'm attaching a pic of one I did in non-traditional fabrics.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]472188[/ATTACH]

Alison
    Attached Thumbnails cropped-green-blue-split-rail-fence-qb.jpg  
    Old 04-18-2014, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    What the parents want so I am going for what pleases my DD and she likes bright and modern.
    Makes sense to me! And I CAN see how a parent of triplets would like matching things for the kids, if for no other reason than for taking cute photos.
    Old 04-18-2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma
    Makes sense to me! And I CAN see how a parent of triplets would like matching things for the kids, if for no other reason than for taking cute photos.
    The only problem with those cute photos of multiples in matching outfits is that they will never know which is them in the photo. My grandfather was a photographer, there are many photos of 'the girls', but which is which?

My mother an identical twin at the age of 80 will still go up to parent who have dressed their multiples the same and give them heck for it. And her sister does the same thing.

Even as babies, people need to be recognized as individuals, not one of two or in OP case one of several.
    Old 04-18-2014, 03:34 PM

If I was going to use three colors I would use purple, turquoise, and green or pink,yellow and orange. That way they're all either cool colors or warm colors.
    Old 04-18-2014, 04:28 PM
    Power Poster

Have you tried or seen the pattern Warm Wishes?? 1st, it is simple. 2ndly, it is a free pattern. I would find a cute fabric that contains multiple colors. Use the same print as the Focus fabric but do the accents strips in different color such as pink, turquoise, yellow or what every colors so they would be different yet alike. Good Luck. Have you volunteered to babysit yet???
    Old 04-18-2014, 05:01 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    Have you tried or seen the pattern Warm Wishes?? 1st, it is simple. 2ndly, it is a free pattern. I would find a cute fabric that contains multiple colors. Use the same print as the Focus fabric but do the accents strips in different color such as pink, turquoise, yellow or what every colors so they would be different yet alike. Good Luck. Have you volunteered to babysit yet???

Oh we will all be helping her months before the babies are born and for months after. the babies will be at the hospital for a long time before they come home as they will not let her go past 34 weeks. Thank you for the great ideas for the quilt. I appreciate all the input.
    Old 04-18-2014, 05:02 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    If I was going to use three colors I would use purple, turquoise, and green or pink,yellow and orange. That way they're all either cool colors or warm colors.
    Love this idea!