Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • True story about Joanns amazing customer service >
  • True story about Joanns amazing customer service

• True story about Joanns amazing customer service

Old 12-12-2009, 10:32 AM

hum, looks like the ones getting hired these days are the ones with attitudes, wonder why :?:
    Old 12-12-2009, 10:34 AM

This isn't a Joann story but I was waiting in line with my arms full of clothing I was going to purchase at a major department store and there were several people in front of me and the clerk announced she was going to lunch and we would have to go to another register. Everyone in that line piled their items of the counter and left the store.That clerk cost them a bundle. Unfortunately, most stores don't value good help as they should and hire whomever they can get for minimum wage and that does not always work out. People who are good and stay at a job for years make maybe 25 cents to a dollar more an hour then the new hires.
    Old 12-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
    This isn't a Joann story but I was waiting in line with my arms full of clothing I was going to purchase at a major department store and there were several people in front of me and the clerk announced she was going to lunch and we would have to go to another register. Everyone in that line piled their items of the counter and left the store.That clerk cost them a bundle. Unfortunately, most stores don't value good help as they should and hire whomever they can get for minimum wage and that does not always work out. People who are good and stay at a job for years make maybe 25 cents to a dollar more an hour then the new hires.
    Good for you for leaving all the stuff on the counter as well as all the other people who did the same....if I spent that amount of time shopping as well as standing in line, I probably would've been in tears.....
    Old 12-12-2009, 10:45 AM

[quote=LucyInTheSky]I called Joanns to see if the Olfa 45 mm 5 pack of rotary blades were back in stock, since they've been out of them since Thanksgiving. So I call, and it takes a minute or 2 to get to a live person.

LucyInThe Sky.

I went down to the Joann's the morning of that sale and got there before the store was open..thus being the first customer to enter.

I knew exactly where the blades are displayed.and there wasn't one to be had...
    It was the pack of 5 for $15.99...couldn't beat it.

There are one or two at our store who can be more than pleasant (at times) and I was lucky enough to get one of them.

They told me that If I wanted to pay for the blades then, they would put a special order in for me and I would get the sale price....she even took the VIP 10% off them. I got them the following Monday..

although that's not always the story going there. I guess I was lucky that day.

Check out that special order deal if they are out the next time....works great.

Maryjane
    Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 AM
    pal

I think the fabric stores should put an ad in the local weekly papers for retired sewers or quilters who would like to work 1 day a week for 4 hours. If they get 7 people, one for each day at a certain time (maybe 10 - 1p.m.) they
    would probably have more business than they've every had
    before. Not to mention that the "employees" would probably spend part of their paychecks for fabrics. The store would have good employees, the customers would enjoy coming in and talking to another quilter, and everybody wins!!! I'll
    take any day that is open!!!!! Sign me up!
    Old 12-12-2009, 10:51 AM

Panther Creek Quilting.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel better.........whew![/quote]

We've all been there....hope you are feeling better.....better to let it out than steam about it. !!!!!!!!

MJ
    Old 12-12-2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by pal
    I think the fabric stores should put an ad in the local weekly papers for retired sewers or quilters who would like to work 1 day a week for 4 hours. If they get 7 people, one for each day at a certain time (maybe 10 - 1p.m.) they
    would probably have more business than they've every had
    before. Not to mention that the "employees" would probably spend part of their paychecks for fabrics. The store would have good employees, the customers would enjoy coming in and talking to another quilter, and everybody wins!!! I'll
    take any day that is open!!!!! Sign me up!
    I applied to work at my local Joanns and was told I was too qualified. :shock:
    Old 12-12-2009, 01:40 PM

You people are lucky to have a JoAnn, or a Hancock's, or a Hobby Lobby. I live in Wyoming and in our town we have a Walmart, not good quilting fabric unless making wallhanging, a Ben Franklin's which has very little fabric or our LQS. The LQS has great fabric, but is kinda spendy. It takes 2 hrs to get to Rapid City South Dakota or to Casper where they have several LQS and the prices are better than here. Luckily, I haven't done a big quilt and didn't need alot of fabric to do it. Thankfully, my mom does send me some fabric at times. Thanks for the vent and sorry to hear about the poor service at JA or Hancocks. Kendra
    Old 12-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Well I am upset because my Joanns that I go to , they got rid of three of the woman that I was used to in the store and replaced them with three teenage girls and all they do is gossip with each other. They are horrible at their jobs. I had to show one of them she was not measuring the fabric right! I sought out the manager(new, a 20something guy) and said I wanted to make a complaint about the girls at the cutting counter. He said he didn't have time to talk. So I told him I didn't have the time to spend my money in that store. I put down my shopping and walked out.

This was my first day in the store in about 4 months. I wont be going back either.
    Henry, good for you! :thumbup:

Panther, I would have been tempted to let my little boy pee right on the floor...or on the clerk's shoes. :twisted:

Lucy, it's hard to know what to say about Roger. I wonder how old he is? He must be lacking a bit in the memory department, not to mention in good manners. :roll:

I have to admit all my experiences at my closest JoAnns (about 45 min. away) have all been good. Every time I've been there the same two ladies are at the cutting table and they're both very competent and they almost always comment favorably on my fabric choices. If only one is cutting and people start lining up, the second lady starts cutting. Sometimes I've had to wait, but it's always been because someone in front of me has a lot of fabric to have cut. When I can't find something and have to ask, I either receive detailed directions on where it is or the clerk takes me there. And (this one is very important), they have a nice large, clean restroom. I left my cane in the restroom once and didn't realize it because I was pushing my cart. Another customer found it and gave it to a clerk, who remembered seeing me with it. She chased me around the store to give it back to me.

I completely agree that the manager is the person who sets the tone for the customer service and whether it's good or bad. Evidently the manager of my JoAnns does a good job. I'm very thankful! :-D
    Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM

They are going to put themselves right out of business if they don't go back the company they used to be. It is not our fault that they have spread themselves too thin.